Discussion topic: How to transfer account to another person in household?

This message was authored by AnujV This message was authored by: AnujV

How to transfer account to another person in household?

I am moving out of a shared flat and need to transfer the account to another co-tenant. How can I transfer the account?

I notice I can change payment method, email and name. However, I am not sure if, after these changes, the account will remain under my name somehow on record or not. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: How to transfer account to another person in household?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AnujVThat is something that you are not able to do. The options that are open to you are that you take the service with you with a home move from Sky or you cancel and let the new person oder broadband under their name.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: How to transfer account to another person in household?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AnujV 

And note you'll face an early exit fee if you are within a minimum contract term and don't relocate 'your' Q account to a new address.  Sky T&Cs don't make any allowance for co-tenanting: each contract is the responsibility of the named individual.

Note that if you choose to use the option to 'change payment method, email and name' you'd still be legally liable going forward for any deficit in subscription balance, which really isn't ideal.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion