Discussion topic: How to install Fibre Optic and upgrade to SKY Ultrafast package

This message was authored by CHANGJ This message was authored by: CHANGJ

How to install Fibre Optic and upgrade to SKY Ultrafast package

How to install Fibre Optic and upgrade to Ultrafast package? Who do i need to contact and the cost of fibre optic install as well 

Also i keep using the sky broadband search tool  to see if my address is  viable for Ultrafast BB but it keeps saying sky error and try later - its been likedthis for over a year - same error

Thanks 

Best Answers
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Re: How to install Fibre Optic and upgrade to SKY Ultrafast package

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@CHANGJ  You could try calling Sky.

You can call on 150 from a Sky Talk Line or Sky Mobile.

If you haven't got a current Sky Mobile or Sky Talk this link should help:
(UK) https://www.sky.com/help/home Scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0333 number
(ROI) on the same link change the flag in the very bottom corner to the ROI flag to obtain an 0818 number.

Stay on the line and don’t hang up if prompted to. Apparently the quieter times to ring are just after 7am or about 9pm.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

@CHANGJ  You could try calling Sky.

You can call on 150 from a Sky Talk Line or Sky Mobile.

If you haven't got a current Sky Mobile or Sky Talk this link should help:
(UK) https://www.sky.com/help/home Scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0333 number
(ROI) on the same link change the flag in the very bottom corner to the ROI flag to obtain an 0818 number.

Stay on the line and don’t hang up if prompted to. Apparently the quieter times to ring are just after 7am or about 9pm.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@CHANGJ wrote:

Who do i need to contact and the cost of fibre optic install as well 

The ISP you order the service from contacts Openreach to book the infrastructure work. Openreach allow around £2800 per address for this, so there's no charge to the subscriber for any typical domestic circumstances (where the property is within an area covered by their wider FTTP roull-out).

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
CHANGJ
Topic Author

Many thanks for the replies - now on the waiting line with sky support on getting the exact details/costs and booking a date

Ialso used this site to see if i can get full fibre https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

CHANGJ
Topic Author

Sky Support arranged for Openreach to get the install done later in month and once installed I will move onto the Ultrafast package. Thanks all!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion