Discussion topic: How to get a Fiber speed from Sky

This message was authored by Steviso This message was authored by: Steviso

How to get a Fiber speed from Sky

What will sky accept as a reading from there website speed of they cannot or will not provide any stats from sky.com

Best Answers
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

Re: How to get a Fiber speed from Sky

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Steviso 

The best way if you have fttp to demonstrate your speed is via a gigabit capable device via at least cat 5e ethernet connected to the hub using fast.com etc

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

@Steviso 

The best way if you have fttp to demonstrate your speed is via a gigabit capable device via at least cat 5e ethernet connected to the hub using fast.com etc

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Steviso 

Also try the website https://www.nperf.com/en/ to conduct the speed 

Steviso
Topic Author
This message was authored by Steviso This message was authored by: Steviso

Thanks for your help I've been InTouch with sky and they will not take third party readings. I've used a Fluke fiber connection meter.

This has been going on for the last 13 days. As the help desk has no technical knowledge by his own addmition it's hard has they have to keep asking Thier line manager who just gives the generic reply card for them to read out to the customer .

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Steviso  Time to raise a complaint https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-customer-complaints-code-of-practice/

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion