Discussion topic: How do I get wifi boosters?

This message was authored by Damo1308 This message was authored by: Damo1308

How do I get wifi boosters?

Just installed sky broadband router yesterday and I need 2 boosters. I knew I would need these as it was the same with bt broadband unfortunately sky don't send these as standard. Anyone know how I go about ordering these?

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: How do I get wifi boosters?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Damo1308 Sky only provide boosters as part of an add on bundle either Broadband Boost which costs £5 per month and gives up to one basic booster or Wifi Max which costs £7.50. The latter is the better deal as it comes with  a new faster hub and up to 3 extenders if an engineer agreed they are needed.

Otherwise you can buy your own which can be cheaper in the long run. It is best to buy a whole home wifi kit turn off the Sky hub's wifi and use the units from the kit in access point mode.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: How do I get wifi boosters?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Damo1308 

Note that Sky may not accept a claim for loan of booster hardware under the terms of the WiFi Guarantee within the first two weeks of activation.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion