Discussion topic: How do I get a replacement router?

This message was authored by Rick+Ardo This message was authored by: Rick+Ardo

Re: How do I get a replacement router?

Because no other business does it - is not a legitimate argument to not take the bull by the horns. From another perspective that is a selling point..

Furthermore new customers are rewarded over old ones in that they get newer equipment from those that have been loyal! To suggest otherwise is simply factually incorrect! The expectation os far from unrealistic as it sounds more like a procurement issue in the assembling of parts that can, for the most part, be readily recycled. Logistically well - theres Royal mail so....

I don't see much point in continuing this discussion as we are clearly not going to see eye to eye on it.

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rick+Ardo  When you join Sky broadband if you do not take out the broadband max extra sub which used to be broadband boost that came with broadband buddy you will only get the SR203 router. But if you do take the sub then you get the SR213 router which is the new white router which also does have the WPA3 on it also.

With the changes coming to landlines and depending on what you take when you join you will find that if you are being put on to VOIP calls that you get the SR203 as standard unless you take the extras as said in the paragraph above.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

Thank you - that is good info but it would appear that for a charge (the boost) sky can facilitate newer equipment which ties in with my earlier point entirely.

as a side note I did take out the boost and I'm still using the old black router and awaiting an update. Thank you for the info again.

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Rick+Ardo  When did you take out boost? Was this before the new SR213 router came out or was it when the SR203 router was given with boost?

Oh I'm honestly not sure. I've had my modem for years now... 

@Rick+Ardo  You are on the old broadband boost which enabled you to get the SR203 router. The Sky broadband max is the newer version and the cost is higher to get this router. Old boost cost was £6 and the new cost I beleive is £10 as an additional cost on your broadband sub.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Actually @Highlinder & @Rick+Ardo Sky sell two different packages Sky Broadband Boost at £5 per month which provides the SR203 if you dont already have one and customers buying that can get a booster if they cannot get 3Mb/s over WiFi in every room.

There is a second new package called Sky Wifi Max which is priced at £10 per month but currently on offer at £7.50 which gets you the new SR213 whilte hub which is a new design which offers among other things parental controls and up to 3 extender pods if you dont get 10Mb/s in every room (increased to 25Mb/s if you buy Sky Ultrafast or better service). AFAIK the premium router is not sent out unless you buy Wifi Max but if you cancel the package during the cooling off period, as I did, then you keep the new hub.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

@Chrisee  I did not think that they still sold the old broadband boost and try sell more on the Wi-Fi max package. Learn something new everyday.

This message was authored by hunteryoung This message was authored by: hunteryoung

Yes where you put the ethernet cable is broken 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@hunteryoung you can buy ethernet cables in most supermarkets, hardware stores or onlinecfor a few pounds.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion