Discussion topic: HELP wifi won’t connect to some devices

This message was authored by jellee1 This message was authored by: jellee1

HELP wifi won’t connect to some devices

Hopefully someone can help...! 
I'm a teacher and using all my data to get things done, not happy! 

Sky broadband won't connect to some devices via wifi. I've tried so many things and read so many discussions but I can't find anything else to try (that I understand!) I'll try to give as much info as I can

- issue for over 2 days now

- sky broadband check says all is fine

- all green lights on router

- no changes to sky package or router for years

- wifi connection to sky q box working 

- wifi connection to sky q mini working

- wifi connecting to Amazon Alexa device 

- wifi connecting to Hive device 

- wifi connecting to one iPad 8th gen 

- WILL NOT CONNECT to iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPad Pro, iPad (only few years old) 

- password has never been changed 

- keeps saying password incorrect 

have tried...

- restarting router (turning on/off)

- resetting router (reset button on back)

- resetting settings from sky q settings page 

- forgetting network info on all devices 

- full network settings reset on all devices

- no updates are needed on devices 

- tried manually inputting settings from the working iPad 

PLEASE can someone help because it's ridiculous and I don't know what else to do?

paying for sky broadband and having to use my phone data to post this and do anything else isn't right. 

is it a router issue or an Apple connection issue? But why is one device connecting and others aren't? 

thank you in advance 😩

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: HELP wifi won’t connect to some devices

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@jellee1 normally you should be able to share the wifi password between Apple devices by bluetooth without entering passwords see https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT209368

certainly works for me I log one phone into a new wifi nnetwork when travelling and share it with my wife;s phone and iPad as well as my own iPad. 

Given the list of things you have tried it should have worked. Given other devices are connected it is unlikely to be an issue with the hub all I can suggest is to tell each device to forget the network and then restart the device - each ios device can have different methods of doing that but by restart I mean fully powering down and restarting with the Apple logo showing. Then trying the technique above. .

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Akane66 This message was authored by: Akane66

I'm also having an issue with some devices (e.g Kindle and Epson printer) ..were perfectly ok connecting to Sky Router Wi-Fi until recently and now just will not connect. No changes have been made to devices/router.. totally frustrating why these won't connect, especially WiFi printer.. when other devices such as iPad, laptop, TV etc are all fine..  Any suggestions greatly appreciated 

This message was authored by KevinUlrike This message was authored by: KevinUlrike

am having the same issue with my printer and ring doorbell both of which worked with my previous router. Have spent time with sky support who tell me nothing is wrong with my router however I can get them to connect to my neighbours router with no issues (obviously I cannot continue this). Am looking to leave Sky unless this can be sorted

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

HI @KevinUlrike 

Have you tried splitting the WiFi bands on your router? 

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband-Talk/How-to-separate-WiFi-bands/ba-p/3530610

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by Beanio This message was authored by: Beanio

The ring doorbell not connecting is possibly related to an issue at Sky starting yesterday morning. Basically, your ring doorbell is connecting to your wifi, but because of the Sky network problem, it can't connect to Ring 'HQ' so the process of setting it up fails. See: https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/Sky-Broadband-Routing-Issues-Today/td-p/4293675

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion