Discussion topic: Full Fibre Install

This message was authored by Scully62 This message was authored by: Scully62

Full Fibre Install

Ok so we've just had Openreach out to install the FTTP box and all went ok. We've now had a text to say - your service should go live on the date given by your service provider. 

Do we need to now contact Sky ?

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Full Fibre Install

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Scully62 

Did the install the ont today?

262.jpg

If today is your activation date then you could go live anytime up until 23.59

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

You have not got any of the leads plugged in, like this !

1000010034.jpg

1000010034.jpg

 v

This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

So you will  not know when it been activated 

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Scully62  What information does it tell you in track orders in my account about your activation date and did Openreach install any equipment inside your property?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

When in January  this  year when I had my full  fibre  broadband  installed it was on my activation  date  and the open reach  engineer  installed  it  and tested it before  he  left. Also left me a phone number  in case of any problems 

Why is the power cable and the fibre optic cable  not connected  to o n t box ?

Is your  o n t box not installed,  looks  like  it's on the floor, the photo is of my box installed  and working 

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@peter-marlow+1966 

Customer has not mentioned which has been installed csp or ont let alone respond to any request for info

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

@peter-marlow+1966 

Ah, thats my photo trying to glean what box was installed 😁👍

On my photos  the cable  with the  green  end is the fibre optic cable,  the cable  in the middle  is going to the hub, and the white  cable  is the power one, the fibre optic cable  comes  into through  the wall under the disc from the outside  on the left of the photo, my installion  date and activation  date were  both the 17th of January this year. 

I am on sky gigafast  broadband 

Open reach were here for over two hours, running  the cable  from  the  telephone  pole to the house, running  the  cable  to and installing  the grey box outside  the, then running  the cable  from the box  outside, drilling  the hole through the wall and installed  the o n t on the wall in the living room  and finished  fitting  the cable, resetup my hub, test my sky glass  tv, run a speed  test and left 

Go on YouTube  if can and sreach full fibre  broadband  installation 

Have you got your full fibre broadband  up and running  now ?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion