Discussion topic: Fibre install not completed

This message was authored by CBuch This message was authored by: CBuch

Fibre install not completed

Hi,

Openreach came today to switch us over from Vodafone fibre to Sky Fibre. When he arrived at 10am he had issues with the white Openreach box we already had on the wall (it was old!), luckily he managed to get a new one from his boss who happened to be in the area.

But then the internet still wouldnt connect. He said it was an issue outside and that a different team of engineers (N11?) would need to check the footboxes(?). 

He then left and called a short while later to ask had we paid our bill?! As that may be why it wasn't working?? I said yes, we have Sky TV, but this is a new broadband install so surely we don't pay until its up and running anyway.

He did come back at about 12pm to check (still not working), and said something about a problem at the exchange and the N11 engineers would resolve it today.

And we haven't heard a thing since!

What is the likelihood that Openreach will come back tomorrow? Does any of what he told me today make sense? We've had no internet since 10am and are bow looking at another day of waiting for them. I know I can call Sky in the morning but I'd rather avoid the long call waiting times...!

Thankyou for any insight you're able to provide 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Fibre install not completed

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@CBuch you need to talk to Sky as they should have been told what is happening. To make thst simple I have escalated your post to the Sky team who support the forum who should be in touch soon to offer you a private chat session to get this sorted. Keep an eye on the forum as if you miss the message just click the chat icon which will be added to the forum pages for you to use.saving a long phone call.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
CBuch
Topic Author

@Chrisee  thanks so much for your help! It's still not working this morning, I was hoping it might magically resolve itself overnight but no such luck...

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@CBuch wrote:

would need to check the footboxes(?). 

https://www.britishtelephones.com/gpo/jointbox.htm 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
CBuch
Topic Author

I have just spoken to Sky - surprisingly the call was answered straight away..! They said there is an issue with the install which Openreach have 3 working days to resolve. Because of the bank holiday that means we could potentially be without internet until late next week.... So she has booked I a technician visit to switch us back over to our old service (although even that will take up to 48 hours).

Hopefully we'll get some kind of compensation for loss of service?

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@CBuch wrote:

They said there is an issue with the install which Openreach have 3 working days to resolve. 

Probably important to note that's a national Openreach performance target for domestic broadband support rather than a guarantee in any particular case.

Compensation for delayed activation is thorough a scheme overseen by Ofcom.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat... 

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. As an engineer has been booked, we will not send the invite since action has already been taken 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
CBuch
Topic Author

Thanks - although it's not resolved yet (I have to wait for a phone call today or tomorrow) so I may still need support over the weekend

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

If that is required, then you can post on this thread and a member of the superuser team can escalate your post again 🙂 

We have messaging team members here all weekend and bank holiday so we have you well covered if you need support. 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
CBuch
Topic Author

Hi,

I would apprexiate it if this coild be escalated again - although I was told yesterday morning that someone would be in touch within 48 hours, we havent heard anything as yet. I appreciate the 48 hours isnt up until the morning but we're now almost 3 days without any internet service which can't continue. We really need access for work purposes by Tuesday (Monday ideally).

Any help appreciated!

@CBuch wrote:

We really need access for work purposes by Tuesday (Monday ideally).

Unfortunately that's probably unlikely: while Sky may be staffing their contact centres, Openreach don't do domestic broadband support over weekends and Bank Holidays.

CBuch
Topic Author

When I spoke to Sky on Friday morning they said Openreach had up to 3 working days to try and resolve the issue - and as that takes us to late next week due to the bank holiday, she said she would get a technician to contact me within 48 hours to get us temporary switched over to our old supplier. As she said 48 hours rather than so many working days it gave the impression it would be sorted this weekend

@CBuch wrote:

she said she would get a technician to contact me within 48 hours to get us temporary switched over to our old supplier. As she said 48 hours rather than so many working days it gave the impression it would be sorted this weekend

I'm sorry to say I'm not convinced that's possible.  I escalated your post above to Sky so that might trigger another response, but for working from home you should probably investigate a temporary cellular solution if possible.

CBuch
Topic Author

Thankyou - we are currently using the hotspot from my phone and I have plenty of data allowance, but it's not very reliable.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion