Discussion topic: Fibre connection down - fault at the exchange

This message was authored by Applebee This message was authored by: Applebee

Fibre connection down - fault at the exchange

I have fibre to the premises (Sky Ultrafast). The connection has been down for 4 days and the automated message states there is a problen at my local exchange and it will take a few days to fix. I have no way of contacting Sky to find our exactly how long I will be out of service. There is no phone number to call. How do I escalate this as an issue that needs fixing. My Wife and I work from home so we need this fixed ASAP.

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Fibre connection down - fault at the exchange

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ApplebeeAre others affected by this around you or is it just yourself that is having issues?

Have you tried to run the broadband test to see what is happening and if so does it give you any more information?

If you have Sky mobile you can dial 150 on your mobile phone. If you don't have Sky mbile you can find a number to call Sky at the bottom of the link below under " Need more help "

https://www.sky.com/help/home 

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Applebee
Topic Author

HI - My neighbour is unaffected and has a cable from the same connection point. I have tried all the tests  and phoned support who provide an automated response that they are aware of the issue and will send me a text when the job is completed.

Applebee
Topic Author

I managed to speak with someone who read the same message as the automated response over the phone. They told me they have 30 days to fix this before any compensation.........

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Applebee  If you have more than 2 days of no service and Sky are aware of it. The you will get money off your following bill depending on how it takes to fix. More information about this can be found in the link below.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation 

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion