Discussion topic: Engineers have abandoned my installation in an incomplete (non-working) state

This message was authored by zen419 This message was authored by: zen419

Engineers have abandoned my installation in an incomplete (non-working) state

Hi all, a Sky engineer visited my property yesterday to complete a Sky Stream installation. However, the Openreach engineer who came last week (without making an appoinment, so I wasn't present during his visit) did not complete his part of the work. Specifically, he did not fit the Openreach box on an external wall, but just left a loop of wire hanging from the fascia. Yesterday's Sky engineer said someone would contact me to make new arrangements for installation, but 24 hours later no one has done so. I don't have a phone number to contact, and of course the chatbot service is completely useless. Can anyone give me a phone number to call to make new arrangements?

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Engineers have abandoned my installation in an incomplete (non-working) state

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more
@zen419 wrote:

Hi all, a Sky engineer visited my property yesterday to complete a Sky Stream installation.

Just to be clear, what you are describing is a broadband installation.  'Stream' is a subscription television product and there's no installer attendance for it.

I'll move this to the Broadband forum as that's a more appropriate location.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
zen419
Topic Author
This message was authored by zen419 This message was authored by: zen419

Re: Engineers have abandoned my installation in an incomplete (non-working) state

Thank you for reading this. I've now been contacted to rearrange the appointment

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion