Discussion topic: Earliest installation date for broadband is in 31 days from now !

This message was authored by Charleneash This message was authored by: Charleneash

Earliest installation date for broadband is in 31 days from now !

I place an order today for broadband service , I thought the date of installation was the 3rd ot this month  but when I reread the order it was for the 3rd of October on a months time!  This was the earliest installation date ? I paid my €50 upfront which I've never had to do in the past with sky.  

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Earliest installation date for broadband is in 31 days from now !

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@CharleneashWhat was this charge for?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Charleneash
Topic Author
This message was authored by Charleneash This message was authored by: Charleneash

@Highlinder the €50 up front charge is for installation , I've had sky in the past and never had an installation fee , but  they take the fee right away when they don't intend to install it for another month 

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@CharleneashIs this for broadband? Never heard them taking so much for Admin?

Charleneash
Topic Author

@Highlinder  yes this is just standalone broadband package .....    has anyone else signed up recently had  this €50 charge right away ? 

@CharleneashI would give Sky and ask them about the charge and the fact you have been given this and nothing is going to happen for a month.

Charleneash
Topic Author

@Highlinder been trying to call them all day and just automated machine . 
I also read in the terms on the email I received after signing up and then taking the €50 instantly that my fist bill would be taken in 14days from signing up .... when I won't even have a service installed by then !

@CharleneashWhen you call and asked the nature of the call say " Technical ", you might be asked for a mobile number, give this, but DO NOT hang up, you should then be dropped into the queue to speak to an advisor.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion