Discussion topic: 2.4Ghz disappeared from WiFi list. Reset router, now can’t split 5-2.4

This message was authored by Carl03 This message was authored by: Carl03

2.4Ghz disappeared from WiFi list. Reset router, now can’t split 5-2.4

Monday evening, several devices around the house lost internet connection. Upon looking at the WiFi connection on my iPhone, I discovered that the 2.4Ghz channel that everything was connected to, had disappeared. I tried resetting the router to no avail, only the main 5Ghz WiFi comes up. I contacted Sky who told me to do a master reset on the router, which I did. Now when I type '192.168.0.1' into my browser and try and change ANYTHING in the settings, as soon as I click 'Apply', the message 'Safari cannot open the page because the connection was lost'. 

I have tried countless times, re loading the page and trying again but every time the same message appears. I now can't even split the 2.4 and 5 channels or do anything else for that matter. Sky have sent me a replacement router and that does exactly the same thing. 

I called Sky and they said that they aren't allowed to help and advised me to come on here to seek help/ advice. 

Many thanks 

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: 2.4Ghz disappeared from WiFi list. Reset router, now can’t split 5-2.4

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Carl03Are you trying to do the split on an IOS device only?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Carl03
Topic Author

Yes, using an iPhone. I've just tried it on a Windows laptop and seem to have managed to split them now and am now connecting all devices in the house to the new router. A very long job considering all spot lights in the ceilings have to be individually connected haha. Thank you for your reply, I was almost at the end of my tether!

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Carl03I was going to suggest you try and use another device or try it on another browser like chrome.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Carl03
Topic Author

Yes that did the trick. I still find it strange how 2.4 disappeared from the old wifi list and all devices connected to it became disconnected from the internet. Would like to know the reasoning behind this happening all of a sudden. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion