Discussion topic: Does a sky broadband booster come with sky broadband boost?

This message was authored by coyledrive5 This message was authored by: coyledrive5

Does a sky broadband booster come with sky broadband boost?

I have just upgraded to sky ultra fast and the engineer will come in less than a week. I have selected the sky broadband boost extra with my package but I would definitely like a broadband booster for the house, does this come with that package? Or do I need to request it?

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Does a sky broadband booster come with sky broadband boost?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@coyledrive5 

You do not get a booster automatically, it needs to be requested.

However you cannot request it until your service has been activated. This is because requesting and installing a booster where it is not needed can actually cause drop outs and reduced speed so its better to test your setup first and then request one if you are struggling for WiFi range

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Does a sky broadband booster come with sky broadband boost?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@coyledrive5 

As @jamesn123 indicates, unlike the BT Halo+ product, Sky do not bundle a separate booster unit with either the Sky Broadband Hub or the 'Broadband Boost' subscription supplement (which, as I have frequently observed here, has a truly terrible name).  Once the Hub is in place you can potentially claim a booster under the 'WiFi Guarantee' element of Boost (also a terrible name): note that call centre scripts appear to require two weeks to pass before this can be done even though FTTP has no DLM 'training period'.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion