Discussion topic: Do i/ should I get a new router with Ultrafast plus?

This message was authored by tneal This message was authored by: tneal

Do i/ should I get a new router with Ultrafast plus?

Hi I've got Sky Q, 2 mini boxes and some consoles. These are all connected by WiFi. We have just upgraded to FTTP ultrfast plus, install in 3 weeks.
We stream on multiple devices and game on multiple device quite often simultaneously. 

is the standard hub ok, or would we be better with a third party? If so is it easy to install and what ones are recommended. No idea on budget, so fire away (maybe £200ish)

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Do i/ should I get a new router with Ultrafast plus?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@tneal 

The Sky Broadband Hub is 802.11ac

If you have WiFi 6 client devices, those may well benefit from an 802.11ax router.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Do i/ should I get a new router with Ultrafast plus?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@tneal If you dont have a Sky hub model SR2043calready - its the upright type - Sky will send one to you. While you can use a third party router there are complications if you have Sky Q tv boxes as the Q minis can only connect to a. Sky wifi signal. Also you need to use the Sky hub if you require Sky's phone service. 

I would try the Sky hub intially but depending on how many devices are in use at once it may run out of puff and you msy need a faster router but be prepared for some work in connecting and oprimising such a set up. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion