Discussion topic: Dialogue between Sky and OpenReach

This message was authored by Scavenger66 This message was authored by: Scavenger66

Dialogue between Sky and OpenReach

Oh my, in the age of easy communication it appears the ability to communicate has been lost bvetween Sky and OpenReach.

4 visits later and i am still without a broadband connection.

Yet the last but one engineer showed me his tablet/phone and the notes said the line had been laid a few days before..!

If i lied like that in a job i'd be sacked.

I am gonna give Sky one more chance and then revert back to Virgin.

Has anyone else had similiar experiences as i bet there are loads.

And then this morning i get someone with the worst english ever try and speak to me about cancelling my DD.

I found its the best way to get any company to call you, cancel the DD.

Wanna buy somethingh its a sales person in the UK, wanna tech issue sorted and its cheap labour on the other side of the world in pigeon english.

Anyways, anyone else able to help

Best Answers
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123 Answer

Re: Dialogue between Sky and OpenReach

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Scavenger66 

If you provide more info as to why you dont have a connection that would be great. What were the visits for? A fault fix or new install? What product did you order?

I doubt much can be done now you've cancelled your DD as Sky wont proceed any further with an account while it is in debt or a cancelled DD. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123 Answer

@Scavenger66 

If you provide more info as to why you dont have a connection that would be great. What were the visits for? A fault fix or new install? What product did you order?

I doubt much can be done now you've cancelled your DD as Sky wont proceed any further with an account while it is in debt or a cancelled DD. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
Scavenger66
Topic Author
This message was authored by Scavenger66 This message was authored by: Scavenger66

A communication company that does NOT communicate..!

Why or Why do all these companies insist on using algorhythms and bots to answer calls and queries.

And then assume we al know what the hell they are talking about.

6 times i have had visits by Sky, Open Reach and their subcontractor Kelly Communications, 6 times..!

I had said that there is no line to the house, and that it needs to be dug in or 'moled' in, but each and everytime they turn up expecting someone else to have done it.

And now i am at my wits end, so what to do to get a response ?

I want broadband and land line and i live in a standard housing estate, yet it seems impossible.

I even tried BT direct and they are just as bad.

Tempted to ring Virgiun and stay with them.

Sky have even credited me with compensation for failed visits but i don;'t want credit, i want broadband.!

Anyone else getting the same ?

Scavenger66
Topic Author

how far is too far.

1 x install for sky and phone

1 x for new dish

3 x for connecting broadband

1 x for a supervisor

been on phone today and so far have been transferred 5 times, once to NI team and then into another Q for 10 mins.

So frustrating and why bother changing ever again.

Given up and cancelling everything....

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: A communication company that does NOT communicate..!

@Scavenger66 wrote:

I even tried BT direct and they are just as bad.

Ironically, Ofcom will be pleased to hear that: if BT as a telco/ISP were gaining competitive advantage from the continuing presence of Openreach within BT Group then something would be going wrong with their regulation.

The only circumstance in which BT is more relevant than any other comms provider would be if you were claming under the provision of the Universal Service Obligation, and even then it would be Openreach/Kellys doing the actual work.

Out of interest, does your estate have an existing Openreach network distribution down to individual plots?

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Scavenger66
Topic Author

Re: A communication company that does NOT communicate..!

Hello, 

It does have OpenReach everywhere, tried 3 further times and gave up.

Stayed with Virgin and they matched the deal, even the Sky Mobile is rubbish, gonna dump it and go direct to O2.

Yet Sky Mobile is O2 yet through Sky its dire..

Lesson for us all, go direct to the provider, DONT go through a Broker..!!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion