Discussion topic: DLM Reset

This message was authored by Glenda+Tompkins This message was authored by: Glenda+Tompkins

DLM Reset

I have had a dodgy router/socket that sky fixed, however, my line that has done 80Mb speeds for years has sat at 73Mb since for 2 weeks, with no drops. Here is my line stats. The cabinet is outside my house at the base of the pole, less than 20m away! The attenuation of the line proves this!

Screenshot_20230313_213811_Chrome.jpg

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: DLM Reset

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Glenda+Tompkins 

Can you "run tests" on your my sky app and post the info in more about your connection.. you are very close to the cabinet so you guaranteed speed should be quite high . Other than that there's no sign of Dlm over the time your hub has been up

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Glenda+Tompkins
Topic Author
This message was authored by Glenda+Tompkins This message was authored by: Glenda+Tompkins

Guaranteed speed was 79 for years, since the faulty socket and router was swapped, sky changed it to 59!!!!

Glenda+Tompkins
Topic Author

Screenshot_20230313_223236_MySky.jpg

 No errors either.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Glenda+Tompkins your connection looks to have been limited to 74Mb/s which has been done to stabilise the connection. If your guaranteed minimum really was set at 79Mb/s that would be highly unusual in my experience there is normally a margin but it isnt Sky who set those figures its Openreach. If Openreach sold a faster VDSL service your line could easily do over 100Mb/s.

You could try calling Sky to ask if the network team can get the connection reset which msy be possible but I wouldn't demand it as the product is sold as up to 80Mb/s. However in practical use the difference is going to be minimal and the limit often disapears on its own after a week or so.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Glenda+Tompkins 

I would doubt your guarantee was 79mbps I've never seen that, It was likely your estimate, not guarantee. 

Although I do agree with you that it should be running at the full 80mbps, getting Openreach out to do a DLM reset will be very difficult when your line is already running at around 73/74mbps 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
Glenda+Tompkins
Topic Author

Max attainable is 130Mbps according to a Openreach JDSU hand held tester, with no FEC or CRC errors.

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Glenda+Tompkins 

Fttc is limited to 80Mbps in the uk regardless of what any equipment says. There would appear to be no reason for sky to send out Openreach unless you are below your guarantee

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion