Discussion topic: Continued FFTP Install Delay

This message was authored by Goldy1486 This message was authored by: Goldy1486

Continued FFTP Install Delay

Dear community, I am in the middle of an extremely frustrating FTTP upgrade. After considerable delay I received a date for an Openreach engineer to make final connections (even though at that point fibre had not be laid to the house entry point!).  Fibre has now been laid (without any notice) but the engineer date has now disappeared and I'm getting Sky text updates saying there is an issue with no real information contained. No further info available from Sky customer 'support'.   Is there anything in the checker that would indicate what the issue might be?

0525E3D0-FE86-4B4D-BDFB-153533F71BE8.png

F2D6F8DD-54E5-45EA-AADA-D5C98DBB16B1.png

B38835DA-3EF6-4E8D-BFA7-556D4165F490.png

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Continued FFTP Install Delay

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Goldy1486 wrote:

Is there anything in the checker that would indicate what the issue might be?

The only line in all that text specific to the address is "UG Feed Not Evaluated", which I suspect would be why you then encountered that delay.

Sky may be waiting for Openreach to change their own records to indicate the external work has now been done.  Conceivably it will be necessary to cancel and then restart the order, but that would presumably negate any chance of claiming compensation for a delayed installation (if you are currently eligible).

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Goldy1486
Topic Author
This message was authored by Goldy1486 This message was authored by: Goldy1486

Re: Continued FFTP Install Delay

Thanks for your response.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion