Discussion topic: Confusion and misunderstanding

This message was authored by satpal+singh This message was authored by: satpal+singh

Confusion and misunderstanding

So When i started my Superfast broadband It was instantly Slow been couple years and in already tired of sky changing the prices from £25 ( what we agreed on) to £29 And even before that we paid £20... So recently i received a mail saying theres a new ROUTER available called the sky max FOR £5 As im a vip customer Which I instantly Ordered and cancelled my Superfast Broadband Thinking That i can Use my Sky max hub and pay £7 Monthly for wifi And have my Superfast broadband disconnected and save the £29... turns out The wifi max is just an extender for the broadband, any way i can Re activate my Broadband Plan and cancel this wifi max? Or cancel this whole thing in generial because my bills showing £60 from £29

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Confusion and misunderstanding

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@satpal+singh  Give Sky acall to negotiate a new deal if the old one has ended.

You can call on 150 from a Sky Talk Line or Sky Mobile.

If you haven't got a current Sky Mobile or Sky Talk this link should help:
(UK) https://www.sky.com/help/home Scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0333 number
(ROI) on the same link change the flag in the very bottom corner to the ROI flag to obtain an 0818 number.

Stay on the line and don’t hang up if prompted to. Apparently the quieter times to ring are just after 7am or about 9pm.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@satpal+singh wrote:

So recently i received a mail saying theres a new ROUTER available called the sky max FOR £5 As im a vip customer Which I instantly Ordered and cancelled my Superfast Broadband Thinking That i can Use my Sky max hub and pay £7 Monthly for wifi And have my Superfast broadband disconnected and save the £29... 

No ISP could possibly provide broadband for £7 a month: the cost to them for wholesale bandwidth is several times that amount.

The Max offering is a new model Hub that replaces an existing model, plus some additional services, for an increment on the broadband subscription itself.

The price jump you specify suggests you may have ordered a move from Superfast to Ultrafast broadband along with the Max bundle.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
satpal+singh
Topic Author
This message was authored by satpal+singh This message was authored by: satpal+singh

No Ultrafast Is not available where i live, i Started contracted Years ago Agreeing on £20 Then it went to £30 Which i talked back down to £25 and now its back at £30. I want to get rid of this and also the max hub, maybe they should clearly state ITS AN EXTENDER FOR YOUR ROUTER ON THE LETTER, anyways I need this broadband cancelled And keep the wifi max Or Cancell The max and the broadband because there are way Faster and cheaper Options out there Than This slow service ive been experiencing for 4 years for under £25 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@satpal+singh wrote:

maybe they should clearly state ITS AN EXTENDER FOR YOUR ROUTER ON THE LETTER, 

A Max Hub is a router, not an extender: it replaces any current Sky Q or Sky Broadband Hub (which is then sent back to Sky). The matching Max 'pods' are the extenders for the Max Hub.

Be aware that broadband cancellation will typically result in a ten day wait for another ISP to supply service: you appear to either want to cancel the Max subscription add-on or switch supplier.

@satpal+singh wrote:

I Started contracted Years ago Agreeing on £20 Then it went to £30 Which i talked back down to £25 and now its back at £30. 

Well, yes, the clue there would be 'years ago', when things were generally cheaper than they are now.

@satpal+singh 

I suspect you are misunderstanding the term 'WiFi Max' : it's still the same Sky fixed-line broadband (Superfast or Ultrafast, over either FTTC or FTTP) as was previously in use, but with a different Hub.

The 'Max' bit is just a marketing term to indicate the extra capability of the WiFi 6 technology built into the new Hub model.

satpal+singh
Topic Author

Anle to keep Wifi Max and cancel Broadband superfast?

@satpal+singh 

Then you would no longer be using Sky as an ISP and the Max Hub would have to be returned to them: it has no function without a Sky Broadband service.

As I said above, WiFi Max is not itself a broadband subscription: it's an add-on to one which gains the use of the new Hub hardware.

To change ISP, if that's your wish, you place an order with a new provider and they handle cancelling the existing subscription without a gap.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion