Discussion topic: Changing bandwidth

This message was authored by Bettyboo123x This message was authored by: Bettyboo123x

Changing bandwidth

I'm trying to split my router into 2.4Ghz & 5 GHz. 

I have followed the instructions by logging in using 192.168.0.1 & I can login, see what I need to do but every time I try to click apply it's kicking me off & saying this page can't be found - check your internet connection. I have tried this using wifi and running off my mobiles 4G & both end up with the same result 

any ideas? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

Re: Changing bandwidth

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Bettyboo123x 

Are you using an iPhone? Is so, try a different browser or if possible a device connected to the Hub by an ethernet cable. 

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
Bettyboo123x
Topic Author
This message was authored by Bettyboo123x This message was authored by: Bettyboo123x

Yea I'm using my iPhone. 

I have tried it on Google & safari and both do the same. 

do you think a computer would work better? 

thanks

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Bettyboo123x when the hub reboots after you apply any changes your device will be disconnected. Once the hub is fully back up which takes 4 or 5 minutes log in to the hub again. If you have changed the SSID as part of your changes then you will need to re-connect your device to the wifi first.

As piinted out devices running ios have issues so the changes dont always stick. Easiest and quickest ona windows device connected by ethernet.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion