Discussion topic: Buffering

This message was authored by dottyp64 This message was authored by: dottyp64

Buffering

I am using chrome cast watching on smart tv Disney via iPad but sometimes,  not always, it buffers. I apparently have great download/ upload speeds so why does this happen, driving me nuts! 

Best Answers
This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3 Answer

Re: Buffering

@dottyp64 

The most likely reason is the iPad is locking onto the 2.4Ghz band occasionally. The way to solve this is to split the 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz wireless band by accessing the router interface at HTTP://192.168.0.1 user name 'admin' password is usually the key for the wireless and is written on the router.

Once you are into the interface then select the wireless tab, then unsynchronise the 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz bands by unticking that box. Change the SSID for the 5Ghz band by adding '5G' to the end of the SSID. and then Apply the settings basically. There are better instructions by others on the forum with step-by-step instructions if you search.

Once this is done connect the iPad to the frequency band that has an SSID wireless identify with the '5G' at its end. And see how you get on with streaming then.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3 Answer

@dottyp64 

The most likely reason is the iPad is locking onto the 2.4Ghz band occasionally. The way to solve this is to split the 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz wireless band by accessing the router interface at HTTP://192.168.0.1 user name 'admin' password is usually the key for the wireless and is written on the router.

Once you are into the interface then select the wireless tab, then unsynchronise the 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz bands by unticking that box. Change the SSID for the 5Ghz band by adding '5G' to the end of the SSID. and then Apply the settings basically. There are better instructions by others on the forum with step-by-step instructions if you search.

Once this is done connect the iPad to the frequency band that has an SSID wireless identify with the '5G' at its end. And see how you get on with streaming then.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
dottyp64
Topic Author
This message was authored by dottyp64 This message was authored by: dottyp64

Thank you so much finally got round to doing this & so far so good!! Not very tech minded but got there in the end x👍😃

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion