Discussion topic: Broadband upgrade delayed

This message was authored by scotty2001 This message was authored by: scotty2001

Broadband upgrade delayed

I ordered an upgrade for my internet and the earliest date I could choose was 19th sept which is unfortunate now because since that is the day of the queens funeral my order has been delayed until 18th oct

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Broadband upgrade delayed

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@scotty2001 

Upgrades, particularly of copper to full fibre, are entirely dependent on the availability of Openreach (or their subcontractors) and unfortunately there's essentially nothing a particular ISP can do about that.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by SUFC1889 This message was authored by: SUFC1889

We are still waiting since Sept 2022, we had delays over delays between Sky and Openreach, next supposed connection is 28 Jan, 4.5 months since they accidentally disconnected us and couldnt connect us back on same package,.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SUFC1889 sounds bad. I orderd in September and was finally connected in December but at least I kept my copper connection. You will be paid compensation - I got around £190 - once you are connected but all you can do is keep on at Sky and make sure your case is w ith their order recovery team who have the best contacts with Openreach.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion