Discussion topic: No broadband

This message was authored by KFarrell96 This message was authored by: KFarrell96

No broadband

I live in Drumcondra/Ballybough area of Dublin and my internet has been down since Thursday night. The internet light is orange, I've run all the Sky tests and plugged out/back on numerous times and nothing has worked. Any suggestions?

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: No broadband

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@KFarrell96 have you called Sky Ireland and reported tne fault? They are in the best position to tell you what id going on.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
KFarrell96
Topic Author
This message was authored by KFarrell96 This message was authored by: KFarrell96

This might seem silly but is there any way to do this via email or live chat? My voice is gone at the moment so don't want to have a long phone call where they can't really hear me!

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@KFarrell96 Sorry not thst I am aware of as Sky Ireland only list a phone number but I am escalating your post to a UK team who maybe able to help. Look out for an invitation to an online chat through the forum where a chat button will appear. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating. We've sent an invite to KFarrell96.

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

After speaking with KFarrell96 they decided to call Sky Ireland due to their messaging department being closed until tomorrow.

Thanks for using the Sky Community Messaging Service KFarrell96.

Thanks
Tom
KFarrell96
Topic Author

Just for an update on this, I had to call Sky on Sunday and after around 20 minutes got through - only to be told immediately it was a fault in the area and would be fixed Monday. Very frustrating as when I did the tests online it said no known faults in the area?

Also I'm home now and its still not working, I need to wfh tomorrow. Extremely frustrating and bad communication. WiFi gone since Thursday like! I presume they won't charge me for the days it was out of action?

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@KFarrell96 

Openreach only work Mon-Fri so their repair days would have only been Friday & Monday so far. You will be compensated once the connection has been down for 3 full working days so if it was fixed on monday you will be charged as normal.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion