Discussion topic: Broadband speed slow and keeps dropping

This message was authored by Michellerose This message was authored by: Michellerose

Broadband speed slow and keeps dropping

For the past few months I have nothing but issues with my broadband.

all my typical use has remained the same.

i am having to get my kid to come off utube just to download a film downstairs?

On top of this we are having issues with just the reliability of having the internet in the first place.

I have tried every step on troubleshooting multiple times no luck.

HELP!!

Thank you 

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Broadband speed slow and keeps dropping

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Michellerose  Could you please post your router stats following the link below.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717#M101...

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Michellerose
Topic Author
This message was authored by Michellerose This message was authored by: Michellerose

B57494A2-B359-4810-A8E6-3A4565438CBB.png

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Michellerose  Those are not your router stats, the image cannot be shown as it shows your external IP, please follow the steps in the link posted to the very end.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Michellerose
Topic Author

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collision Pkts Tx b/s Rx b/s Up Time WAN MER 98534347 231790840 0 536293 10503745 79:12:04 LAN Down 0 0 0 0 0 00:00:00 WLAN (2.4 GHz) Up 43714117 20328015 0 9249 0 217:26:06 WLAN (5 GHz) Up 421701340 185627396 0 0 0 217:26:05

Broadband Link Downstream Upstream Connection Speed 52258 kbps 18246 kbps Line Attenuation D1(11.7 dB) , D2(28.5 dB) , D3(45.2 dB) U0(0.1 dB) , U1(22.2 dB) , U2(33.9 dB) Noise Margin 5.6 dB 6.9 dB

are these them?
E6D38B4E-4552-4659-A641-8D8B98D57B76.png

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@MichelleroseWhat does the broadband test say when you run it. Can see that there was a drop in the connection as you only have just over 79 hours uptime on the connection.

Can you please run the broadband test, this can be done either via the Sky app on mobile data or use the link below.
https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-broadband-diagnostic/sky-broadband-diagnostic

If it finds an external fault it should enable you to book an engineer.

Michellerose
Topic Author

9B6AD2F9-AFFF-4D1D-9B62-CD761953B825.png

07E5C1F4-818D-41DA-8A23-7532536473A0.png

  sky test always says the same but anytime I do a external test in this example with which I am getting no where near what sky are saying? 

I have not been given any option to book engineer.

@MichelleroseAre you able to run a speed test with a wired device or are all of your devices wireless?

Michellerose
Topic Author

Everything is wireless.

on my phone is comes up saying network unstable? 

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Michellerose 

Have you tried changing your WiFi channels to see if your problem is related to congested channels?

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband-Talk/How-to-change-your-Sky-wireless-channel/ba-p/2687733

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion