Discussion topic: Broadband signal keeps dropping

This message was authored by LillyLegion This message was authored by: LillyLegion

Broadband signal keeps dropping

My broadband regularly loses its signal between midnight and 2 am. It drops out for 1/2  to 3hours. Last night, it dropped out at around 2 am and didn't return till after 5. It is very annoying. Cardigan Wales

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Broadband signal keeps dropping

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LillyLegion  Does this happen every night or was it just last night that this happened?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Kal2001 This message was authored by: Kal2001

@LillyLegion perform a power cycle which consists of unplugging the Sky Hub for ten minutes and then turning it back on again. Monitor it for a few days and if the issue still persists, contact Sky Technical Support

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @LillyLegion 

That sounds to me like you have Sky Q boxes going into Eco mode between 2am & 6am. When they do this they stop extending your WiFi signal which can seem like its dropped out if you are far away from the router.

You can change the Eco setting by following this guide https://www.sky.com/help/articles/using-the-standby-settings

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion