Discussion topic: Broadband outage

This message was authored by Shout This message was authored by: Shout

Broadband outage

Hi i have had no broadband since yesterday evening. There had been a large lightening strike. There seems to be a large outage in my area. Done all checks no green light on hub for broadband. Is there any update on the outage being fixed as i work from home on Monday and meed my connection.

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Broadband outage

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Shout wrote:

Is there any update on the outage being fixed as i work from home on Monday and meed my connection.

WFH doesn't create any priority: typically for a wide outage Openreach will be alerted immediately and get started on repairs right away, but for individual addresses their clock starts on the next working day after an ISP reports a subscriber fault.  Personally I'd suggest logging a fault today to cover the possibility of an individual line problem.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Shout 

In addition to the answer @TimmyBGood has provided unless you contact Sky and report your outage your won't be eligible for auto compensation.
See this link re auto compensation for when there is a total loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk. https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

If you have a total loss of service and it isn’t fixed after two full working days from when you first report the fault to Sky, you will become eligible for it (once it’s fixed).

Sky sometimes also update their Twitter page
https://mobile.twitter.com/SkyHelpTeam? 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Shout
Topic Author

Thanks for the advice I have reported the incident and an engineer is coming Tuesday between 12 & 2pm. Not great because no broadband now since Sat evening. Also WFH but hopefully it will be sorted then 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Shout wrote:

Not great because no broadband now since Sat evening. 

Openreach don't respond to individual domestic faults at weekends: a fix delivered on Tuesday afternoon would be well within their target response time because their timer starts on Monday morning.

Clear by 23:59 day after next, Monday to Friday, excluding public and bank holidays.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Shout
Topic Author

Further update on ongoing broadband issue. It was actually a sky engineer that came yesterday not openreach. He said that he had further customers on my Ave with same issue - no broadband. It clearly wasn't a problem with my hub although he tested it while he was here. He then spoke to someone about if there was an outage which I had seen on Sun but had then disappeared. Now have openreach coming this morning. So it seems I'm not the only one having broadband issues. Unable to work as WFH. Hope someone gets me back online soon. 

Shout
Topic Author

Day 3 further update on my broadband being down. Openreach have been and said its working but problem is my hub. Even though yesterday sky engineer came and said it was due to an outage  and openreach needed to look into it. Now waiting for a new hub to be delivered as my hub will probably have been blown after lightening on Saturday evening. I'm very confused and just hope this new hub will work. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion