Discussion topic: Broadband not activated today

This message was authored by anne2828 This message was authored by: anne2828

Broadband not activated today

Hello - NOW supefast broadband (powered by SKY) told me that my broadband internet will be activated remotely today.

Can you, please, tell me what is the PHONE NUMBER of SKY broadband that I could call?  

If I cannot make calls, can you escalate this issue, please?

Until now, I still not have received any text message confirming my broadband is activated.

One hour ago, OPENREACH sent a message that an engineer is waiting - I did NOT know this. SKY did not inform me that an engineer will come - All past messages from SKY stated activation will be remote.

I am not in my house at the moment due to work. Also, SKY told me that everything is done REMOTELY. Unfortunately, SKY did not tell me that activation needs an engineer present in my house.

Please, can anyone help me? What number should I call? 

OPENREACH told me that they could not help me & that it should be SKY who should deal with this. What should I do? Thanks!

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Broadband not activated today

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@anne2828  Activations can take up to midnight to update on Sky's end, escalation won't be done as it's too earl;y to knwo if the activation failed.

If you're not activated by tomorrow please post back on this thread.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@anne2828 

Installer attendance is typically required where provisioning is over FTTP for the first time.

If it's in the UK, putting the address into the BT Wholesale Availability Checker should indicate which broadband provisioning type is applicable.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome 

It's the table and the two text lines below it which are most useful.

Remove any personal information (such as the address itself) if you post an image.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
anne2828
Topic Author

If SKY told me that activation will be done remotely today, why did Openreach send a message 1 hour ago that an engineer will be there?

Can a SKY employee clarify, please?

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@anne2828 wrote:

Can a SKY employee clarify, please?

They won't respond here: you'd need to call (and they probably won't have information anyway)

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@anne2828  No Sky employee will be able to tell you as they won;t know who you are from a forum login, have you used the link posted by @TimmyBGood    What service was meant to be activated today?  FTTC or FTTP?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

anne2828
Topic Author

FTTP & it states it is available

@anne2828 

'Available' in this context typically means 'can be installed', and this requires installer attendance both outside and inside the property to get the new optical cable and associated infrastructure in place.

If you post the line of text from under the table, that would confirm the situation.

anne2828
Topic Author

I called SKY & they insisted that activation is done remotely.

I am not in my house due to work, but Openreach said an engineer has arrived. I told this to SKY & they said I do not need to be there.

I am very confused - What should I do?

@anne2828 

If Openreach intends to provision over FTTP then they cannot proceed without an adult present to give consent to the work, and so the installation will now be postponed.

anne2828
Topic Author

I told this to SKY customer service over the phone & they said I do not need to do anything.

Also, SKY did NOT inform me that an engineer will visit. OpenReach only sent me a text message 1 hour ago, it's very confusing!

How I can I book an appointment with an OpenReach engineer if SKY keeps on insisting that I do not need an engineer visit?

@anne2828 

Again, if you post the line of text from under the table, that would confirm the work required.

FTTP cannot be remotely activated if there isn't the appropriate infrastructure in place to activate.

Openreach will only take instructions through the ISP commissioning the connection.

@anne2828 

I suspect the confusion isn't being helped by Sky currently being in the middle of changing its relationship with Now.

anne2828
Topic Author

FTTP is not available.

The exchange is not in a current fibre priority programme

As a WLR withdrawal exchange, product restrictions apply

SOADSL is not restricted at the exchange

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

For all SOADSL services,the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service

ADSL, ADSL2+ and SOADSL availability: If shown at FTTP or SOGEA premises,ADSL, ADSL2+ and SOADSL are not available to order due to WLR Withdrawal stop sell rules. CPs should order FTTP or SOGEA. Copper products are only available by exception.

@anne2828 

I'm confused: that says FTTP is not available.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion