Discussion topic: Broadband keeps dropping - router stats attached

KGL1
Topic Author
This message was authored by KGL1 This message was authored by: KGL1

Re: Broadband keeps dropping - router stats attached

@Highlinder My husband restarted the router twice (he'd been kicked off a work online meeting so was desperate). He says this was around the 3pm mark.

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@KGL1  Thanks, wanted to confirm it was not the router re-starting itself each time and understand. If it happening as regular as you have been posting up about. If you have a device that is connected via hardwire and can log into the router at that time to grab the router stats it let's us see the drop happening and also what lights are changing colour.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
KGL1
Topic Author

Appreciate your time on this.

It happened again this morning over a period of about an hour, dropping in and out periodically.

This time my husband did not touch the router. I've just pulled the stats below.

I'll see if he can get his laptop linked to the router and ask him to run this process next time it happens if he's able. Thanks

sky stats 3.png

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@KGL1Looks like a faulty router, if you can call Sky and ask them to go through things with you it would be faster to get a replacement or the communit can escalate this to Sky for you?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
KGL1
Topic Author

That's weird because they just replaced the router for a brand new one, and the issues have continued.

Final bit of data for you! The internet dropped again this afternoon when I was in, so I was able to check everything.

- on router, all lights were on and green

- no wifi going to any appliance, including Sky Q box

- sky booster box - all lights on except "connected" light.

I attached my laptop to the router and got online. I picked up the following stats.

sky stats 4 during wifi down.png

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@KGL1 could simply be a booster that is either too far from the hub to keep connected reliably or which has gone bad. Any device closer to the booster than the hub will connect to the booster's wifi even if the booster is disconnected to the hub. Boosters need a strong backhaul connection to the hub so should be installed no more than halfway between where the hub is and where you need the "boost". 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion