Discussion topic: Broadband issue

This message was authored by Stephen31091 This message was authored by: Stephen31091

Broadband issue

Been having an issue with broadband for a week now cant get an engineer out till 26th even though i pay for the boost feature which is useless, the online tests say it's all OK finally got help they said its my cable from the socket to the hub after sky sent the wrong cable I gave up and purchased one myself and the issue continues showing as no fault, yet I have no Internet.

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Broadband issue

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Stephen31091 wrote:

finally got help they said its my cable from the socket to the hub after sky sent the wrong cable I gave up and purchased one myself and the issue continues 

Has the Sky broadband ever worked at the address?

Which cable did you have to buy?

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Stephen31091
Topic Author
This message was authored by Stephen31091 This message was authored by: Stephen31091

Yes never had an issue in the 4 years with sky then all of a sudden it goes off I did a reset it comes back and goes again after a few minutes haven't had a solid connection for a while now just have to wait for the engineer next week 

Stephen31091
Topic Author

The cable I had to replace was the purple plug one from the socket to the router adsl I think it's called l, it's the only one besides the power cable I have in as I don't use a phone line with having children don't want a bill hahaha 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion