Discussion topic: Bad Wi-Fi connection when app says it’s ok?

This message was authored by Aoifemckiver This message was authored by: Aoifemckiver

Bad Wi-Fi connection when app says it’s ok?

Hi there

just wondering if I can get some help with finding out why my app is telling me my Wi-Fi is ok when I go onto apps on my phone (eg- Social media or safari) my Wi-Fi doesn't seem good? 

All Replies

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

Re: Bad Wi-Fi connection when app says it’s ok?

@Aoifemckiver 

Which router are you using with Sky the AI analysis is done by the wireless router, headend and isn't particularly good unless using Sky Max.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
This message was authored by Hmansy This message was authored by: Hmansy

The TV picture goes into a freeze and misses frequently the talks and TV goes into silence 

the phone keeps losing internet connection. This situation is very annoying and frustrating since fibre connection done on last Monday 6 days ago I was hoping to get better but it's worse. Urgent action is needed. This fibres is not suitable in my area   Thanks 

@Hmansy 

I doubt the fibre is the issue, it is more likely wireless to this end do a test over a wired connection to the router to confirm throughput, and post this speed test on the Sky forum for further advice.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
This message was authored by Hmansy This message was authored by: Hmansy

After your test results??? Which I don't understand 

what is going to happen to improve my connection and internet 🛜 

@Hmansy 

That depends on the speed test and your minimum guaranteed speed and whether you are achieving said from the wired connection. The speed over wireless is dependent on whether you have a wireless guarantee with Sky.

Speedtest can be performed on speedtest.net or fast.com which can test almost all throughput speeds offered by Sky.

-------

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion