Discussion topic: Broadband issue

This message was authored by Sidney2023 This message was authored by: Sidney2023

Broadband issue

I have had no broadband for over a week. Apparently it's an external problem. No sing of engineers coming to fix even though I was told on Monday that it would be within the next two days. Also told 'not our problem that you can't work without broadband, our WiFi is for personal  not business use' which is a pathetic response in a post pandemic world where half the population works at home! Sky don't want to help. Anyone any ideas?! I'm having to take unpaid leave from work as I can't do my job. 
worst customer experience I've had. Sort it out sky 

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Broadband issue

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Sidney2023 

If the problem is with local Openreach infrastructure then there is not much Sky can do as they just have to wait until Openreach fix it. 

Have Sky alluded to what exactly the problem is?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Sidney2023 wrote:

Also told 'not our problem that you can't work without broadband, our WiFi is for personal  not business use' which is a pathetic response in a post pandemic world where half the population works at home!

@Sidney2023 

Unfortunately you get what you pay for, and you're paying for (believe it or not) a cheaper end domestic service. Anyone working from home regularly should maybe factor this in and obtain a business type broadband with quicker fix times. I'm sure the agent probably didn't say "not our problem " in so many words but the gist of what you were told was correct. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Sidney2023
Topic Author
This message was authored by Sidney2023 This message was authored by: Sidney2023

Thanks for your reply. It's not openreach, both houses either side of us are with sky and they have working internet so doubt we would be affected and not them. Sky can't tell me anything apart from an engineer will be out in two days (that was Monday) but no sign of anyone at all. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Sidney2023 

They may have been carrying out investigations at the local cabinet. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Hi @Sidney2023 

I've flagged your post to Sky. Look out for an email or message on the forum

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
Sidney2023
Topic Author

Hi Daniel, 

Thank you for your opinion. I did try for business wifi but told not possible as we live in a rural area and we don't have fibre available here. 
I don't think it's unreasonable to be unhappy about paying for a service that doesn't work, business use or not. 
FYI,  they did say 'that's not our problem' but thanks for taking the time to reply. 

Sidney2023
Topic Author

Hi James,

I appreciate that, thank you. 

@Sidney2023 

Your post has been escalated to Sky so you'll hopefully have an update soon. Not sure if you're aware of auto compensation? See this link re auto compensation for when there is a total loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk. https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

If you have a total loss of service and it isn’t fixed after two full working days from when you first report the fault to Sky, you will become eligible for it (once it’s fixed).

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have sent Sidney2023 an invite to chat 🙂 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by dmy24 This message was authored by: dmy24

Update – Thanks for chatting to us. Unfortunately, there was no further response on the chat in 48 hours, we are still waiting to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your chat has been closed now. Thanks 🙂   

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion