Discussion topic: Connetion Speed is being throttled

This message was authored by bigmac175 This message was authored by: bigmac175

Connetion Speed is being throttled

My connection is being always throttled when downloading anything. I pay for 500 MB/s but when downloading something that speed drops to below 1 Mbps, therefore making all other devices extremely slow while downloading. Having the use of multiple devices is advertised but they are currently pretty much useless until the download is complete.

Please can I have some assistance with this?

Thank you 

All Replies

This message was authored by Eddie+Jr. This message was authored by: Eddie+Jr.

Re: Connetion Speed is being throttled

Correct me if i'm wrong but could this be an issues with poor QOS on the 203 router?

Downloading something like a game or a torrent will use the full bandwith of the routers speed...

So everything will slow down unless you cap the download speed on the clinent you're using {Steam, Origin battlenet} .... 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FTTP [900] - Asus RT AX88U --- Main router, D7000 --- Wireless extender
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bigmac175
Topic Author
This message was authored by bigmac175 This message was authored by: bigmac175

Re: Connetion Speed is being throttled

I'll give that a try, thanks for the suggestion

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion