Discussion topic: Broadband is not working

This message was authored by Jaykev This message was authored by: Jaykev

Broadband is not working

Hi my broadband is stop working, I checked the master socket looks all good, on the sky Hub internet light is blinking every 1 minute getting amber and then just disappears and then after 1 minute blinking again and this is going on and on, I disconnected everything and plugged it back run the test, nothing is working, I am customer from last 3 year, hardly had problems but this one is bit odd, can someone help, I am desperate because got 3 very young kids and all the Wi-Fi cameras are stopped working because of this problem, please help I am not sure if the sky hub or filter or cable is faulty.

All Replies

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

Re: Broadband is not working

@Jaykev 

If you use the Sky App you'll be able to perform a broadband line check and see if it finds a fault, if it does then it should allow you to book an engineer to investigate the issue otherwise you'll need to contact Sky to report the fault.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
This message was authored by loverboi This message was authored by: loverboi

@Jaykev hi i had the same issue and i found out that my connection had came loose behind the face plate and he changed the cable from black box on wall to socket and fixed my connection and hub reconected and are you sure no wires are loose or  or desconected behind the test socket🤔😞

@loverboi & @Jaykev 

Cables behind the test socket and connected to the BT infrastructure should only be handled by BT Openreach, doing it yourself isn't a good idea so best to leave the work to the professionals 😎

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.

that was the pen reach man who said/saw it as he took off the faceplate (where test socet is ) my connection broke off so he replaced the cable from black box teminal on wall to socket re conected my connection and hub reconected and he tested line too 

@Jaykev @mae-3 that was the open reach man who said/saw it as he took off the faceplate (where test socet is ) my connection broke off so he replaced the cable from black box teminal on wall to socket re conected my connection and hub reconected and he tested line too 

Jaykev
Topic Author

I run the broadband test from sky app and it says fault book sky engineer, What is the sky customer care number?

@Jaykev

You should book an engineer through that route if not done already, otherwise call Sky to book an engineer. The only thing that I can think of that is the care number is your customer number which should be on your account details but wouldn't usually be required to be manually entered on booking an engineer?

-------

Jaykev
Topic Author

My internet is working fine now, god knows what was wrong, but it's back to normal 

@Jaykev 

If you have booked an engineer you should leave it in place, as the broadband line may have an intermittent fault which needs fixing, keep an eye on the reliability until then.

-------

Jaykev
Topic Author

No I didn't book an engineer yet ,but  yes thanks for the help and advice, surly I will keep an eye on broadband, if again broadband is down I will report this.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion