Discussion topic: Broadband intermittent

This message was authored by NDP1 This message was authored by: NDP1

Broadband intermittent

Our Internet is becoming more and more intermittent, cutting out while streaming is becoming very frustrating. Sky app says everything is fine but it isn't. What's the best action to take next? Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by Chri9 This message was authored by: Chri9

Re: Broadband intermittent

I have the same issue - broadband drops at least once an hour.  I never would have come over to sky if Id known it would be this poor.  

This message was authored by clutterbug This message was authored by: clutterbug

I also have the same issue.

This message was authored by iToke This message was authored by: iToke

Having the same issue in North London too.

Broadband drops every 15 - 30 mins

This message was authored by scott+radley This message was authored by: scott+radley

I have been with sky for roughly 25 years.

my wifi signal is these days cutting off every 1 to 2 hours and not all items reconect without rebooting.

very annoying.

why can I do?

This message was authored by scott+radley This message was authored by: scott+radley

Ditto - today so far dropped WiFi 7 times......

very frustrating when watching a film!

what can we do ?

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@NDP1 @scott+radley @iToke @clutterbug @Chri9 

The most likely cause of broadband (rather than WiFi) problems is a degradation of the Openreach copper circuit delivering it: there are tens of millions of these across the nation and at any given point in time a small percentage (which is still a large number of households) will have issues.

The best thing to do is log a fault with Sky for investigation by Openreach.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by clutterbug This message was authored by: clutterbug

Thank you. After going round in circles following instructions to disconnect and reconnect at power sources,, I ended up resetting my Sky Q box and downloading the latest software update via the 001 menu. That seems to have fixed the issue (not sure why) although I lost and had to reinstall all the apps. 

This message was authored by stevecarrigan This message was authored by: stevecarrigan

We're having a very frustrating afternoon of breaks in streaming services. Broadband VERY slow 8mbps down 12 up. 
come on sky. Sort it out 

your very expensive sky glass is only as good as the service you provide 

This message was authored by Chri9 This message was authored by: Chri9

Thanks but my phone / tablet keep dropping out - sometimes whilst Netflix still steaming which is even more perplexing 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion