Discussion topic: Broadband dropping out since access point installed

This message was authored by ODog1980 This message was authored by: ODog1980

Broadband dropping out since access point installed

I've just put in a TP Link wireless access point. Since then my broadband keeps dropping fir 10 seconds then reconnecting.

I've spoken with TP Link and they've checked all the settings and deemed it ok.

any thoughts? Anything I need to do with sky router ?

cheers

All Replies

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

Re: Broadband dropping out since access point installed

@ODog1980 

Is the broadband dropping or just the wireless for the TP-Link access point?

If it is wireless for the access point then changing the channel to anything other than channel 36 on the 5Ghz band will help, and also confirming the channel used for the 2.4Ghz band doesn't overlap with Sky wireless router.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
ODog1980
Topic Author
This message was authored by ODog1980 This message was authored by: ODog1980

Thank you. Are they changes I need to make with the Sky router? 

cheers

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@ODog1980 

The only change for the Sky router that may be useful is to reduce the width of the 5 GHz wireless band by 40Mhz, channels on the 5Ghz band cannot be changed to anything other than the lower 36 to 44 band A.

If you can move the wireless access point to band B or C on 5Ghz (above channels 100) then that would make the greatest benefit with reference to wireless interference.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion