Discussion topic: Broadband cut off before contract end

This message was authored by Lk98 This message was authored by: Lk98

Broadband cut off before contract end

My broadband was cut off early before contract end date on 24/07/24.
Please can it be reinstated as the openreach guy hasnt visited and wont visit until 25/07.  Must be possible remotely if it was done ar midnight on the dot....

All Replies

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

Re: Broadband cut off before contract end

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lk98 Unfortunately thats unlikely to happen, if the service has been disconnected by Openreach and Sky reprovisioning would take longer than waiting for the new service to be activated.

You could however try calling Sky to see if anything can be done, just be aware that the global IT issue is effecting Sky and their phonelines may be down or very busy.

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------
Lk98
Topic Author
This message was authored by Lk98 This message was authored by: Lk98

But how can this happen before the contract end date? I think i will have to complain to the ombudsman. One housemate was leaving and so we cancelled from 24/07 and bought a new one from sky from 25/07. How can this be legal / posssibke..! Normally good service

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lk98 wrote:

I think i will have to complain to the ombudsman. 

The industry regulator (Ofcom in the UK) is not an ombudsman service and doesn't resolve individual user complaints.

The system runs through the ISP and then to the appointed Alternative Dispute Resolution provider.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/alternative-dispute-resolution 

Unfortunately in the event of a technical/administrative error such as this there's realistically very little such a process can achieve apart from the potential for a credit on the new account.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion