Discussion topic: Broadband Signal Drop

This message was authored by NigelWT This message was authored by: NigelWT

Broadband Signal Drop

I am experiencing a drop of signal between 2-5 seconds when I am on the internet. It is a direct connection from my PC to the router. I have also tried my laptop connected and it still happens. I have changed the cable and tried different ports on the router. I have run the usual sky tests and they all come back saying the broadband is fine. Has anyone else had this problem? It is also doing it on the wifi as well.

Best Answers
NigelWT
Topic Author
This message was authored by NigelWT This message was authored by: NigelWT Answer

Re: Broadband Signal Drop

@Highlinder  @ed+ed I have changed the cable between the broadband wall socket and the router as a last option before contacting sky and it appears to have solved the issue.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@NigelWT Could you please post your router stats following the link below.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717#M101...

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
NigelWT
Topic Author

NigelWT_0-1670526324209.png

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@NigelWTNext time that you run the broadband test can you take note of what speed you are supposed to get between and your minimum speed please. From the router stats it shows a drop just over 8 hours ago.

NigelWT
Topic Author

@Highlinder The average is around 39. Highest I can get is 54.

NigelWT_0-1670590945899.png

@NigelWTRun the broadband test via the Sky app, then click on tell me more about my connection. This tells you the speed you are supposed to get between and you minimum speed.

This message was authored by ed+ed This message was authored by: ed+ed

i am getting the same problem. sky are stonewalling me. they won't send me an engineer. just asking me to run the same 'tests' which of course come back saying everything is fine. and whilst it's 'fine' they wont send an engineer. does anyone know a way to spike the router show it shows up as not fine and then they'll send an engineer? thanks. ed

NigelWT
Topic Author

@Highlinder Is this what you mean?

NigelWT_0-1670602355981.png

@ed+edYou would be better starting your own thread that way there is not going to be mixed signals in posts.

@NigelWTGoing by what you are suposed to be getting between you are in the middle. If it keeps going down then you do need to report it to Sky. The broadband test is crude at best, but if your broadband keeps on dropping then let Sky know who can run more in depth tests.

NigelWT
Topic Author
This message was authored by NigelWT This message was authored by: NigelWT Answer

@Highlinder  @ed+ed I have changed the cable between the broadband wall socket and the router as a last option before contacting sky and it appears to have solved the issue.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion