Discussion topic: Broadband Outages same time, same day, consistently

This message was authored by MWainman84 This message was authored by: MWainman84

Broadband Outages same time, same day, consistently

Hi there,

So this seems to be a regular occurrence. Having the broadband go down no and again is just one of those things that happens. But when every single time it goes down is always the same day (Monday night - or Tuesday morning however you want to look at it) at roughly around 1:30am. I can't help but wonder if it's a deliberate thing that happens. Do Sky intentionally take down the internet to perform maintenance or install updates etc and they pick this time and day because they think that's when I won't be using it? It's actually really annoying because this just so happens to be one of the times I really need my interest to have a stable connection.

All Replies

MWainman84
Topic Author
This message was authored by MWainman84 This message was authored by: MWainman84

Re: Broadband Outages same time, same day, consistently

Grammar corrections. (Now* and Internet*)

Another thing I want to add is that it seems to be a bit far fetched that this could just be a coincidence. It's happened more times than I care to count at this day and time.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MWainman84 

It could be what you suspect. Any planned maintenance happens in the early hours of the morning where possible when the vast majority of customers are asleep. The forum would be awash with complaints if they did it at 9am. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Cakeybrou This message was authored by: Cakeybrou

Is there anything that can be done about the slow internet in the early hours of every morning?  I need to work at 5am and be on line with clients and it effects the audio that we can't communicate.

Is it worth contacting Sky? 

K

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@MWainman84 as pointed out system maintainance does happen overnight which includes the automatic Digital Line Management system which is running in the cabinet on FTTC lines (Superfast over copper) and will reset the connection around 1.30am if the system detects the programmed number of errors have been exceeded in the preceeding 24 hours.

Neither Sky or more importantly Openreach will accept a brief line drop in the early hours as a fault as it is normally caused by the system  working as designed. its something that night owls have to live with. Sky also will update the hubs overnight.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Cakeybrou di you have Sky Q TV boxes by any chance? A common issue with slow wifi between 2.30 am and 5.45am is that those boxes are in deep sleep and therefore do nit have their wifi hot spots active so your devices have to pick up the signal from the hub which is often further away. If that sounds possible in your case go into the setiings on each Q box and change tge standby mode from eco to active or none.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion