Discussion topic: Bosch EasyConnect wifi

Sankoli
Topic Author
This message was authored by Sankoli This message was authored by: Sankoli

Re: Bosch EasyConnect wifi

Do a hard reset of your router that worked for me

This message was authored by Steve85 This message was authored by: Steve85

Tried but not worked. It seems to connect to the wireless network as it's listed in connections when you log into the hub but then gives the thermostat no internet connection as when I tether to my phone it's fine. 

This message was authored by Jodou This message was authored by: Jodou

Late yesterday evening managed to get a Wi-Fi connection to EasyControl using personal hotspot on my wife's IPhone which allowed scheduling and saved manual control via the boiler. Called at the installer this morning and he's checking for known issues. Will post if there's any progress.

This message was authored by Jenjen50 This message was authored by: Jenjen50

I have the same issue! Works via my hotspot. I was told to split my WiFi 2.4 and 5. I have done this connected the easycontrol via 2.4 WiFi which should work and still doesn't connect. So annoying!

Sankoli
Topic Author
This message was authored by Sankoli This message was authored by: Sankoli

Try Resetting the sky router to factory default. That worked for me. 

This message was authored by Jenjen50 This message was authored by: Jenjen50

thanks I'll give that a go

Latest update on Bosch EasyControl/ Sky SR203 hub

no advice back from local installer and despite renaming 5.0 GHz band and disabling synchronisation still won't connect. Using my wife's phone for Wi-Fi hotspot does work but I've had to set up the connection and scheduling a number of times. Sent a support message to Bosch, looks like I may have to change the EasyControl to a non Wi-Fi digistat or  find a hub that it does work with.  EasyControl my ****

Possibly last update -

Bosch EasyControl/ Sky SR203 hub

Yesterday's storm caused our power to go off yesterday morning for several hours. When power was restored I thought I'd try to connect to the hub and, guess what, it worked. I don't know how many times I've switched off the hub /EasyControl but previously it made no difference. 

All credit to Worcester Bosch technical help after updating them with what I had tried, their advice was to contact my installer for a replacement EasyControl.

I'll continue with this control for now - fingers crossed

This message was authored by JodineF This message was authored by: JodineF

We have had the easycontrol since Nov 2020.  No problems until before Christmas, exact same thing - says it is connected but won't go to internet.  4 channels all the same.  So annoying.

Wish I could say it now works due to something I've done, unfortunately not. Looks like the power outage did not change my renaming of the 5 MHz band but I have noticed that the desired channel on 2.4 GHz is still set as auto but the 5 GHz band channel setting is now 80Mhz channel 36 which I never changed. Don't know if that's relevant or how it was set to that but it is working.

I would suggest ringing Worcester Bosch technical help line.

This message was authored by SDD7677 This message was authored by: SDD7677

I am in the same situation. I have two broadband at home (sky and Huwaei router). It has decided to disconnect and is not able to connect anymore. I am thinking of replacing CT200 with another controller. Is there any direct replacement?

Don't know about a possible replacement, I did phone sky and the guy had heard of this happening to others so talked me through splitting the 2.4 and 5GZhz bands which basically involved logging into the router and unsettling the syncing of the bands and then renaming the 5Ghz (just added 5.0 to end of name). Probably wise then to disconnect power from it for at least 20 mins before trying again as it took a power outage for mine to work ??

logging into hub is easy just put 192.168.0.1 into your browser and use the admin user and your hub passcode (had to put that in twice on mine) to access the 2.4 and 5.0 GHz tabs. I'd only unset the 2.4/5.0 syncing on the 2.4 tab otherwise you'll have to change the Wi-Fi settings on your other devices. Change the name on the 5Ghz and fingers crossed!!

This message was authored by JodineF This message was authored by: JodineF

I did the hard reset advised by another poster and it has worked fine with the Bosch since, but keeps dropping now on my other devices 😔. I keep having to manually reconnect my phone which is annoying.

This message was authored by Allan+N This message was authored by: Allan+N

Thanks. This factory reset of the router worked for me. 

This message was authored by s.copplestone This message was authored by: s.copplestone

Hi same frustration for me   After a long time with a Sky tech, trying to split , as previously detailed, a reset of the router worked   Not an power uplug re-set  Use the reset button on the back of the router

My router is new -October 22  fitted when fibre installed     Good luck

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion