Discussion topic: Booster box

This message was authored by elderwandninja This message was authored by: elderwandninja

Booster box

My son's playstation is in the attic. The hub is in the living room. We have one booster box on the kitchen and another one will go in the attic. Can the playstation be commected to the booster box ?there is a bright yellow port at the back of the booster 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty Answer

Re: Booster box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@elderwandninja wrote:

Overkill? I just want to best signal. I'm not sure so that's why I am asking on here 

@elderwandninja CatX cables range from 5, 5e, 6, 6A & 8. You may see a Cat7, that is not approved by TIA/EIA or an IEEE standard. 

Cat5e will be sufficient for your needs, the others will do the job but likely to cost more. 

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@elderwandninja 

That is called a wifi to ethernet bridge and yes its doable as far as i know

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
elderwandninja
Topic Author
This message was authored by elderwandninja This message was authored by: elderwandninja

Is that what the yellow port is for? An Ethernet ? Thank you 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@elderwandninja 

It's an ethernet port, yes (an RJ45 socket).  It's mostly there so a booster can be on the end of an ethernet run, but it also works 'in reverse' to connect a wired client to the Sky 'mesh'.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@elderwandninja 

I belief in the early days pre covid they were supposed to be set up by sky using airties software but it  transmits and receives data like any mesh

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

elderwandninja
Topic Author

What cable do I need to order to connect a PS4 to the Sky booster box please ? Is it an Ethernet cable and are they all the same ?

@elderwandninja 

I would say cat 5e depending on your speed. But its gigabit

elderwandninja
Topic Author

There are some.cat 8 cables. These are better ? 

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@elderwandninjaThat is a bit of over kill for this.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
elderwandninja
Topic Author

Overkill? I just want to best signal. I'm not sure so that's why I am asking on here 

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty Answer

@elderwandninja wrote:

@elderwandninja CatX cables range from 5, 5e, 6, 6A & 8. You may see a Cat7, that is not approved by TIA/EIA or an IEEE standard. 

Cat5e will be sufficient for your needs, the others will do the job but likely to cost more. 

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
This message was authored by Rhyzeee This message was authored by: Rhyzeee

We recently requested a booster, they also sent 3 ethernet cables all cat5e and just over 2m i think. All for free. The cables arrived the next day and the booster 2 days later.

elderwandninja
Topic Author

Hi how did you request the booster as it's takes so so long for anyone to answer the phone at Sky 

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@elderwandninja 

Has to be done on the phone

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by MomoUK This message was authored by: MomoUK

I received the booster and the lead with plug for the socket but didn't get any erthenet leads at all, even though on the back there is a place for one.

But...how would I get the booster to reach my pc upstairs as its beside TV downstairs and lead is only a metre long?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion