Discussion topic: Bad wifi

This message was authored by jp1 This message was authored by: jp1

Bad wifi

My wifi is awful. I can be in the room with the hun and not get on. Everyone in my family is using 4g as wifi useless and I cannot get any help.... my only option is to stop paying the bill.. 

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Bad wifi

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@jp1 wrote:

my only option is to stop paying the bill.. 

That would just cause your broadband service to cease while debt continues to mount up on the account.

If you post your Hub stats, we'll have some information about your particular phone line and internet connection to work with.

Note that it's speed arriving at the Hub which counts against the minimum speed guarantee, not speed test website results on a wireless device.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by JPR007 This message was authored by: JPR007

@TimmyBGood Stopping paying the bill is a stupid thing to do, and will only affect your ability to get credit in various other forms for different thing.

It is also worth adding, you don't pay for "Wi-Fi", you pay for a fixed line broadband service, which is delivered up to the router (and that router then happens to have Wi-Fi functionality).

The Wi-Fi issues are not something an ISP can have any control over and it is usually down to the end user to try some troubleshooting tips.

Have you tried anything so far to any avail?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zen Superfast (FTTC), Fritzbox 7530, Sky Q 2TB UHD v3 (x1), Sky Q Mini (x2), Alienware Area 51-M, Panasonic TX-65HZ1000B, Denon AVR-X6300H, B&W CM8 S2, B&W CM1 S2 (x2), B&W CM Centre S2, REL S3 SHO (x2), Panasonic TX-P42G30B, Monitor Audio RS6, Marantz PM7001 KI, Denon HEOS 1 HS2 (x2), B&W P7, iPad Pro 12.9" (5th Gen), iPhone 14 Pro Max, iPad Mini 6 (work)

** No - I have nothing to do with Sky **
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@JPR007 wrote:

@TimmyBGood Stopping paying the bill is a stupid thing to do, and will only affect your ability to get credit in various other forms for different thing.

Probably intended for @jp1 rather than me ; )

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion