Discussion topic: Bad connection

This message was authored by Nikki1993x This message was authored by: Nikki1993x

Bad connection

For the last few days my internet connection Has been awful, I don't have a sky box for tv I just have the internet and use the smart tv for the kids to watch tele on, but nothing is loading or videos on YouTube and Netflix constantly keep buffering, the router is right next to the tele as well so doesn't have far to travel. But getting frustrated as I switched from virgin media because this was slightly cheaper as I was paying a lot just for broadband and couldn't connect my tele in the kitchen the WiFi couldn't reach so I switched to sky but this is soooo much worse, still can't connect the tele which is on the wall behind the router so really not far at all and my phone doesn't connect in the bedroom which is also one wall between them and keep getting buffering on the tele when trying to watch things! Any suggestions on how I can improve this without paying out more money for faster speeds as I literally just need it for the kids to watch during the evenings and weekends.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Re: Bad connection

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there @Nikki1993x , I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

This message was authored by Carr5 This message was authored by: Carr5

I'm having the same trouble!  Buffering, internet keeps disappearing, no phone line..... So frustrating, when I try to report it sky it doesn't recognise my address apparently.  

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

We are still looking to help you @Nikki1993x . If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion