Discussion topic: Automatic compensation - missed engineer appointment PLUS delayed installation

This message was authored by CraftyBear This message was authored by: CraftyBear

Automatic compensation - missed engineer appointment PLUS delayed installation

Automatic compensation has been received for a delayed broadband installation of 15 days, however no compensation has been received for the missed engineer appointment on the original installation date.  No notice was given at all about the engineer not attending to complete the install and activate the broadband.  Is it correct that compensation for the 15 days delayed installation effectively negates any compensation for the missed engineer appointment or should that be paid aswell?  The missed engineer appointment was the most inconvenient aspect of the delayed install as it meant hanging around all day waiting for the visit that never came. 

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Automatic compensation - missed engineer appointment PLUS delayed installation

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@CraftyBear 

Recently discussed in a similar post.  My interpretation of the Ofcom documentation is that the missed appointment compensation is separate from and in addition to delayed activation compensation (because, as you indicate, these are effectively compensating for different things), but Sky appears to disagree.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0026/216962/Industry-Code-of-Practice-for-Automatic-... 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
CraftyBear
Topic Author
This message was authored by CraftyBear This message was authored by: CraftyBear

Re: Automatic compensation - missed engineer appointment PLUS delayed installation

Thank you, that's my interpretation too.  I must admit I didn't spot the similar post but will check in to see how that progresses.  

The Ofcom code does appear to be silent on this specific detail but my understanding is that where there's ambiguity in a contract any dispute usually favours the party that didn't write the contract (in this case the customer who was inconvenienced) so it might be worth testing to get clarity on it for others in the future. 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@CraftyBear as I have just elswhere you are up,against Openreach who calculate the amount but you have to raise it with Sky so best of luck with that .

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion