Discussion topic: Attempting to change wifi password

This message was authored by Bulls1974 This message was authored by: Bulls1974

Attempting to change wifi password

Hi All,

I'm trying to change the wifi password, using my Win10 pc hard wired.

I'm getting the correct page @ 192.168.0.1  Entering the correct user name and password result in this error message

Sign In

http://

Your connection to this site is not private

Any ideas please?

Irene

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Attempting to change wifi password

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Bulls1974 wrote:

Using a self-signed certificate for embedded hardware such as that in a Hub is entirely standard, and not a security risk as information never hits the internet.  As @Highlinder indicates, there's usually an option in the browser that's labelled something like 'Continue anyway'.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Bulls1974  Does it give you any options to just continue as it is only showing that the site is self signed and that is why it is showing you this error.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

@Bulls1974 wrote:

Using a self-signed certificate for embedded hardware such as that in a Hub is entirely standard, and not a security risk as information never hits the internet.  As @Highlinder indicates, there's usually an option in the browser that's labelled something like 'Continue anyway'.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Bulls1974
Topic Author
This message was authored by Bulls1974 This message was authored by: Bulls1974

Hi, 

Thanks all for the replies. Sadly the message received is the end of the line here. No option to continue or return, just a dead end.

I first tried a couple of weeks ago, get the same messages/ results as in my post. Left it a while then returned to this and despite multiple reboots of  my iPad and iPhone ( both on the latest software version ) the result has not changed. I've also attempted the change on my Win 10 pc, that has the lasted updates for win 10, it's to old for Win 11 sadly.

This message was authored by Kevin-7248 This message was authored by: Kevin-7248

Possibly try hard resetting your router, usual steps to reset by pressing and holding on a sky broadband hub the small reset button, otherwise with a small object small enough to keep it pressed in for a few seconds.

After this, try the Ethernet - hard wired to access the router admin page: http:// 192.168.0.1 

It can be your browser settings page which is causing issue to not encrypting it right when trying to access. You could also try different browsers if not already. 

••••¥¥¥¥•••••¥¥¥;••••••¥¥¥¥
Sky Glass 65”
Sky Fibre 500 WiFi Max
Been a sky customer through the ages from before HD boxes were a thing! When sky was a box you had to wind up to work 
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Bulls1974 

There should be an option to continue, sometimes they just hide it away depending on which browser you use. E.G. For chome you have to click 'Advanced'

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion