Discussion topic: Asus RT-AX56U with Superfast and Standard Master Socket

Killerbot
Topic Author
This message was authored by Killerbot This message was authored by: Killerbot

Re: Asus RT-AX56U with Superfast and Standard Master Socket

Ah, didn't realise that. Hadn't looked through them fully yet.  Noted thank you.

As an aside is there any benefit to doing it on either box? I know the Asus is more powerful but as its a 50mbps WAN link is it easier just setting on the TPLink following the instructions via that link?

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@Killerbot 

No benefit whatsoever on either side of the WAN for tagging 101 is fine.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
This message was authored by Tester12345 This message was authored by: Tester12345

Thanks I should be able to configure and try but TCP router doesn't come until Tuesday. 

This message was authored by Tester12345 This message was authored by: Tester12345

Have it all set up now. The instructions on the tplink were a different version of the firmware so I don't really know how to set it up in bridge mode? 

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@Tester12345 

Those instructions show how to set up with pure bridge without VLAN tagging, for the BT Openreach VDSL2 network the WAN needs to be tagged with 101 at the TP-Link WAN port or the router you have connected to the TP-Link, either VLAN tag on the TP-Link or the router is acceptable but not both devices.

Once you have done that you need to fill in the DHCP Option  61 field in the wireless router with 'anything@skydsl|anything' without the single quotes for it to connect to Sky. 

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Tester12345 

Does it give you the option under isp to enter sky vdsl

Instructions for setting up tp link td w9970 as modem bridge

select sky vdsl from isp list
https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/1332/

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

Checking 

@cookiemonsteruk wrote:

@Tester12345 

Does it give you the option under isp to enter sky vdsl

Instructions for setting up tp link td w9970 as modem bridge

select sky vdsl from isp list
https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/1332/

0366DE96-93D7-49B3-BC27-E557FA43CE25.png

No option to pick anything under sky vdsl. Dynamic greyed out. 

entered the username and password under the sky_mer have it connected but don't see the option for bridge mode. 

I will look into it when youngling isn't nagging for YouTube and am I nearly finished yet. Ha.  

please post any information that will be helpful. 

btw I've added the information into my netgear router under section 61. But couldn't find a vlan option. 

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Tester12345 

Have you dragged vlan 101 using the iptv function on the asus! What you have looks ok

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Tester12345 

You've set it up in Dynamic IP mode not bridge mode, it wont work that way

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Everything else is greyed out. 

When I select sky, sky_mer, bt they don't give me that option. 

any ideas? 

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Tester12345 

You dont select Sky. Go into the advanced settings and select bridge. Should look something like my screenshots below 

2021-12-01 15_24_35-TD-W9970.png2021-12-01 15_22_20-TD-W9970.png2021-12-01 13_49_54-TD-W9970.png2021-12-01 13_50_03-TD-W9970.png2021-12-01 13_50_17-TD-W9970.png2021-12-01 13_50_42-Advanced Port Scanner.png2021-12-01 13_51_37-Advanced Port Scanner.png2021-12-01 13_50_55-TD-W9970.png2021-12-01 13_51_06-TD-W9970.png

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

@Tester12345 

Sky mer is the option to use the tp link as a modem router. Sky vdsl if just as a modem. 

Think I've resolved it. Was helpful copying your settings and manually setting it up. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion