Discussion topic: Asus DSL-AC68U do not connect to SKY ISP

Peppe+I
Topic Author
This message was authored by Peppe+I This message was authored by: Peppe+I

Re: Asus DSL-AC68U do not connect to SKY ISP

I solved the issue selling the device on eBay 😬

This message was authored by Andyuser81 This message was authored by: Andyuser81

I managed to set it up at last and after all it doesn't seem to be so hard thing.

If you using sky fibre and require it to operate just as router I can share the whole procedure and settings.

This message was authored by Andyuser81 This message was authored by: Andyuser81

it can be solved Re: Asus DSL-AC68U do not connect to SKY ISP

I managed to set it up at last and after all it doesn't seem to be so hard thing.

If you using sky fibre and require it to operate just as router I can share the whole procedure and settings.

This message was authored by Malc+P This message was authored by: Malc+P

Re: it can be solved Re: Asus DSL-AC68U do not connect to SKY ISP

lease do - I'm tering my hair out trying to set the damn thing up!

This message was authored by Malc+P This message was authored by: Malc+P

Re: it can be solved Re: Asus DSL-AC68U do not connect to SKY ISP

Sorry have a dodgy keyboard - meant to say, please do, I'm tearing my hair out trying to set the damn thing up!

This message was authored by hakee This message was authored by: hakee

Andy,

Don't you mind share the setting and procedure with me. I did struggle here after switched to Sky these few days.

Appreciated for your help. Thanks.

hi, sorry  for late response as I missed a message. Let me know if you still need help with this.

This message was authored by kraman8 This message was authored by: kraman8

Please can you provide steps to get this working, 

This message was authored by hakee This message was authored by: hakee

The trick to me is the mac address. Copy the original Sky router mac to asus router.

So I assume you already updated Asus software to Merlin. If so you need to download the WireShark software to find out about the Clinet DHCP 61. Did you do it?

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Andyuser81 wrote:

If so you need to download the WireShark software to find out about the Clinet DHCP 61. Did you do it?

Wireshark hasn't been needed for a number of years and the option 61 credentials have been mentioned many times in the forum. This post as an example.

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"

I am not sure where is this statement coming from about wireshark and in regards mentioned ASUS DSL-AC68U mentioned many time client option login won't work. I tried  mentioned by you procedure and never worked and after detecting my connection credentials related to option 61 connection was established without any problems. This is how I did it and it works so I leave this to users which way to proceed.

@Skull+Treaty , When you read the post and comments you indicated about option 61 you can see that many people experience same problem - it does not work. I spent myself time following this procedure and solution turned out to be simple with using WireShark and taking no more than 30 minutes to set this modem operating. 

I am only giving you solutionhere  which worked for me so a key to open the door but if you prefer to spend time and bang this door instead it is up to you.

I cannot anyway help you with procedure you  indicated as  it didn't work for me at all. 

This message was authored by Sparkzsta This message was authored by: Sparkzsta

I sorted this by disabling the ASUS Dynamic DNS (believe it's on as default), and cloning the router MAC.

To do this, if you connect directly into the Sky router via a LAN cable, open its config page (usually 192.168.0.1) and then go to the settings page, you'll see it there.

Wireshark is definitely not needed, it will authenticate with a generic string as mentioned in this thread.

I have a DSL-RT86U.  Working a treat at the moment.  I am upgrading to a Unifi Dream Machine SE as part of a revamp of the whole home's connectivity and will likely need to do the same with it, but for now this is working well.

This message was authored by MightyTribble This message was authored by: MightyTribble

Hello,

I have been using Vodafone broadband for a couple of years with an ASUS DSL-AC68U modem/router. It was straightforward; I just got the PPPoe details from Vodafone, and assumed this would be the same with another provider.

I am switching to Sky from Friday and thought I would look into how I would set it up with Sky broadband, but have found this and other threads suggesting that it isn't as easy as that, and that Sky doesn't use PPPoE.

I have this set up with another Router to provide good connectivity in the whole home and don't expect the standard router to work - also, I have misgivings about using a hub provided by the ISP and have always preferred to set up my own hardware.

If I understand correctly, some people on here have successfully set up the router, but I am finding it a little difficult to go through and find exactly what steps to take, since some of the information is contradictory. Do I need to update the firmware of the browser? Do I understand correctly that I need to "clone" the MAC address from the Sky router (when it arrives) - I guess this is a function available by default on the ASUS routers?

If it was possible to give a complete account of the steps and setting necessary, that would be hugely appreciated. Thank you!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion