Discussion topic: Archer 2300 router setup

This message was authored by Izotz This message was authored by: Izotz

Archer 2300 router setup

I signed up for current offer of broadband, that is, 30€ in Ireland. Not sure what type that is.

I have a TP-Link Archer C2300 router. I am having issues to receive the one provided by Sky. Technician checked that connection will be ok.

I'm struggling to configure my third party router. I have read different indications, but I am not sure what type to select. Some people talk about the ISP provider, but the list I see is short and no item refers to Sky.

Would anyone know what to input here?

Screenshot_20231118_181223_Samsung Internet.jpg

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

Re: Archer 2300 router setup

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Izotz thst is FTTC so Inthink you need the settings for EIR which from memory are PPOE with their standard password which I dont have to hand.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Izotz that setting is for Sky's UK service in Ireland the settings are different. Services over copper lines tend to use the settings for EIR who provide the network. Full fibre can be different  so please post which service you have.

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Izotz
Topic Author

Thanks @Chrisee  for clarifying that's for the UK. You are right, the technician was looking at the EIR panel, full of wires

The contract doesn't clarify. I checked  "My messages" and the rate I signed up  for is "Sky Broadband Superfast".

Hiw can I know what service that is? Can I assume it is FTTH?

Thank you

@Chrisee wrote:

@Izotz that setting is for Sky's UK service in Ireland the settings are different. Services over copper lines tend to use the settings for EIR who provide the network. Full fibre can be different  so please post which service you have.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Izotz simple question does the hub plug into a traditional phone socket or connectvto a ONT a piececof kit with leds? The former is FTTC and the latter is FTTH als full fibre. Superfast can beceither.

Izotz
Topic Author

Looks like traditional phone to me. I think the technician put an adapter on top of the previous phone socket.

20231118_214416.jpg

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

@Izotz thst is FTTC so Inthink you need the settings for EIR which from memory are PPOE with their standard password which I dont have to hand.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion