Discussion topic: 3rd party router

This message was authored by Robbo0410 This message was authored by: Robbo0410

3rd party router

Hi I'm looking to use my own router but unsure how it works, with BT they just gave me a login and password and it connected after going through the setup wizard, is it similar with Sky,  my router is a TP Link Archer AX55 dual band gigabit WIFI 6 AX3000

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: 3rd party router

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Robbo0410 

Are you on an fttc superfast, g.fast connection or ultrafast fttp?

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Robbo0410 in addition are you in the UK or Ireland?

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Robbo0410
Topic Author

@cookiemonsteruk ultrafast fttp and I'm in the UK @Chrisee 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Robbo0410 hopefully the information in this thread will work for you. However the IPv6 PD does not work on every line and unfortunately currently the alternate IPv4 Option 61 methodis not supported on your chosen router.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Robbo0410
Topic Author

Unfortunately it doesn't work, tried putting settings in that you had put but it isn't even picking up a connection, nvm, just I'm having problems with a wired connection from my games console PS5/Xbox series X it keeps disconnecting the WiFi but when I take the ethernet cable out the router there's no issues at all, and Sky can't seem to find the problem, they think it's something to do with the ethernet overriding something in the router settings which is causing the disconnection, I'll just have to use my consoles wirelessly until I can get a router that is compatible with Sky's settings, thanks for the help 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion