Discussion topic: volume button on remote not working. changed batteries. still not working, bought new remote, still

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: volume button on remote not working. changed batteries. still not working, bought new remote, st

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@paigebluepoppy wrote:

Sky sent a message saying they upgraded my system on Monday and since then my volume is all messed up. The volume on my Sky remote does not light up Red anywhere; the rest of the remote is fine. 
I'm being forced to run my Samsung TV at 65 where it's normally 14! And if I use any Streaming apps or DVD I have to mute prior to usage or fear blowing speakers! Ugh.

How do I fix this ? Please ?

Did your TV not come with its own remote? Your not forced to use the sky remote for TV sound

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: volume button on remote not working. changed batteries. still not working, bought new remote, st

@paigebluepoppy the system upgrade can't be causing this. You could try resetting the remote by programming it with code 999, then programming it again with the correct code for your TV. 

https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-tv/sky-tv-plus/sky-plus-equipment/my-sky-remote/program-your-remot...

This message was authored by evie10 This message was authored by: evie10

Having the same problem and changed batteries and about to buy a new remote! - I now have audio description stuck on my tv and can't see the football scores going through. Daren't mess around as I am watching sky sports.

I think I will phone sky and ask them.

sorry I am no help

This message was authored by H+Naik This message was authored by: H+Naik

Recently upgrade sky q box to HDR sky qbox

so accompany new r/c volume button +~ not functioning and mute as well it working let me know what I suppose to do

@H+Naik wrote:

Recently upgrade sky q box to HDR sky qbox

so accompany new r/c volume button +~ not functioning and mute as well it working let me know what I suppose to do

You've posted in the Sky+ forum. Someone will be able to help on the Sky Q forum.

This message was authored by Bom76 This message was authored by: Bom76

I had similar problem to OP after installing sound bar - volume button on Sky remote had no effect even when I disconnected soundbar and used tv speaker.

Knew that my code was correct from original setup (1451).

In the end did your trick, unpaired it by setting it to 999 and reset to 1451 and volume button works correctly now. Thanks 

This message was authored by delboyginger This message was authored by: delboyginger

hi dont know if anyone is still looking at this but i followed the link to reprogram the remote and it worked for me, so thanks for the info cheers derek

This message was authored by teknoll This message was authored by: teknoll

Thanks for this!! The factory reset did it for me

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@cero wrote:

When I press volume button on remote, red light does NOT come on at box.  Changed batteries, still no red light, bought new Sky Remote, still no red light on box...all other buttons working ok.

When you press the volume buttons the signal goes directly to your TV and not to the Sky box

This message was authored by ChrissieBee This message was authored by: ChrissieBee

@caesarome @Thank you so much!! This resolved my issue after much battery changing and reprogramming and searching. You are a star 😛 thank you!! 

This message was authored by ChrissieBee This message was authored by: ChrissieBee

Actually, scrap that, it's not fixed it at all 🤣

This message was authored by Goodwood98 This message was authored by: Goodwood98

Volume button on my remote is not working

@Goodwood98 wrote:

Volume button on my remote is not working

Have you programmed your remote with the correct code for your tv?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion