Discussion topic: Can't get through to sky and both boxes aren't working!

This message was authored by eh327 This message was authored by: eh327

Can't get through to sky and both boxes aren't working!

If someone could advise me what to do that would be greatly appreciated. My elderly father relies on Sky tv and I'm trying to sort this out for him but to no avail. Sky is very very laggy and says 'no listings available' on tv guide, however the programmes appear to be showing when I select the channel from the guide, however it is extremely slow. The box doesn't appear to be connected to the Wifi. 
I've tried calling Sky multiple times but after going through the security questions the call hangs up before I've been put through to an operator. Apparently can't book an engineer online because I don't have a SkyQ box.
At the end of my tether and could really do with some advise if at all possible! Thanks!

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Can't get through to sky and both boxes aren't working!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I've flagged your post to Sky, but I don't think the Community Advisers on the forum will be able to book an engineer appointment for you, I'm afraid. If they are able to help, you'll see a blue chat bubble, probably tomorrow now, towards the bottom of the page. 

When you call, are you using an authorised number? Try the one from the 'need more help' button at the bottom of this page: https://www.sky.com/help/home

eh327
Topic Author

Thank you for your reply @Mark39. I've been calling from my mobile but then putting in the house phone number when it says they need the number linked to the account. That gets me through to the security questions but, with my father not knowing the password, I'm able to provide his mother's maiden name and the last two digits of the account number and its at this point that the call usually hangs up. I've never been able to progress further.

This message was authored by HeathHayle This message was authored by: HeathHayle

@eh327 try this number (03337)(594776) and when they say whats the reason for your call say tv technical and when they ask for the security questions say your not the account holder and when they ask for the password say don't know  you should be able to talk to someone then

==============================
= Sky+ SD boxes x4 (pace bskyb 3100) ===
==============================
eh327
Topic Author

Hi @HeathHayle thank you for your reply. I've just tried your suggestion and unfortunately the same thing happened. I got as far as 'can you tell me the password', I replied 'don't know' and the call was ended. 

I think it really is poor that it is so hard to speak to Sky on the phone. If I wasn't around to help my dad there is no way he'd know what to do! Still having the same issues and just want to be able to request an engineer visit!  

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I agree Sky's call answering robot is a nightmare to navigate. Have you tried staying silent when prompted for the password? "Don't know" might be being interpreted as an incorrect password. Don't hang up after being asked for the password, even if you're invited to. Just stay on the line and wait. 

This message was authored by dmy24 This message was authored by: dmy24

I have escalated your post to a Sky Adviser, look out for a blue chat bubble that will appear shorty 🙂

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion