Discussion topic: sky glass remote not working

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by RLM2022 This message was authored by: RLM2022

Re: sky glass remote not working

Our sky glass is around 14 days old and the remote is just dead, happened a few times then resolved randomly itself, but not this time. Tried all the advice, no joy. We ended up pairing old sky Q remote with glass and now watching A League of Their Own Christmas Special. Infuriating though, brand new and faulty. 

This message was authored by Philsky This message was authored by: Philsky

I've been told firstly that a new batch of fixed remotes came in last week, then by somene else in support, that  they have no idea whether this batch has been fixed of the problem. Apparently, there is also  a pairing issue.

Generally I find Sky support very good and a  bazillion times better than Virgin. Never ever will I darken their doorstep again.

Anyway my remote is fine at the moment so I'm leaving as is. Hope you get yours sorted.

This message was authored by RLM2022 This message was authored by: RLM2022

I'm going to call tomorrow. Don't feel like twisting the casing, because shouldn't have to. We are only watching TV because the old controller works. Hopefully we get a replacement free of issues.

This message was authored by Lisa+Melissa This message was authored by: Lisa+Melissa

Our sky remote won't work atall 

was working fine earlier have replaced batteries and no paper in back 

have tried 1 and 7 thing for 30

seconds 

This message was authored by Lisa+Melissa This message was authored by: Lisa+Melissa

Remote  for sky glasse tv not working and now voice control not working either!!

it's new tv  and very frustrating 

I have tried all battery changes

There is no paper in back 

the 1-7 thing not working 

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hold it in 2 hands and give it a twist in opposite directions 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by mike9123456789 This message was authored by: mike9123456789

I didn't think this would work but it did. Obviously a design issue. Thanks for the tip! 

Re: sky glass remote

@Sadie88 wrote:

My sky glass remote isn't working properly up, down, left and right and the numbers if I press 1 it turns off, I have put new batteries in turned it all off but nothing working any advice please x 

@Sadie88 wrote:

My sky glass remote isn't working properly up, down, left and right and the numbers if I press 1 it turns off, I have put new batteries in turned it all off but nothing working any advice please x 

If you have a hardware issue with the remote then the twisting action definitely works. However there is also a Bluetooth pairing issue going on which Sky say is corrected by a firmware update. This should have been done by now for everyone.

When I asked a new remote support said ok fine but I may have the same issues so there's no point.

Mine does seem to have worked since before Christmas so I'm leaving as is.

Voice control is also dicky and randomly stops working occasionally. Turning the TV off and on again does not resolve the issue. Instead it randomly starts working.

Playlist presents a different result to "continue playing". Home and Away is a classic example. Annoying but not worth losing sleep over.

We're all guinea pigs for Sky!

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion